Bubble meetups?

Hi Bubblers,
I recently perused a thread where bubblers were discussing doing a meetup in NYC. This seems like an awesome idea anywhere where it is possible. A friend and I discussed creating a Bubbler Meetup group in San Diego, but I had to leave for Virginia. I’m now in Virginia Beach without much of a founder/tech/bubbler group to meet with.

So rather than just make another thread specific to Virginia Bubblers, I was wondering if anyone has been working on a “bubblers near you” app that listed the locations of (willing participant) bubble users. Sort of a Meetup-type site, but just for this community. I would love to see offline communities of bubble users start springing up.

If someone put an app like this together, I think it would have a lot of value on Bubble’s home page. Maybe? @emmanuel?

5 Likes

We definitely would like to help with meetups through better tools. We’re still considering different options (meetup.com, custom apps, better forum category, etc.). We’ll decide this soon.

In the meantime, we added a way for everyone to enter a location at bubble.is/account. it can be an address, a city, etc, and it’s up to you guys to fill this information (we’d love you to do so as it helps knowing our users better).

2 Likes

If the meetup is in Brussels then I’ve got a tea room!

Very cool. I look forward to seeing what you guys land on.

Doe this work in the interim ?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CqTGLISVmDuQRYwod2y1LcJCaw0&usp=sharing

2 Likes

So we have set up a Pro account on meetup.com for Bubble

https://www.meetup.com/pro/bubble

This will make the process of setting up a meetup group and then communicating with other Bubblers much easier.

Right now we have the NYC Meetup set up, but we’d love to see this grow in other cities. Please reach out to support@bubble.is if you want to take the lead on your city! Thanks!!

1 Like

@jeff7, you probably won’t get much traction in a 6-year-old idea thread, so you might want to consider making your own post in the social/meetups category or the jobs/freelance category, and only the latter if you are looking to pay/hire the collaborator.

That link for meetup isn’t working … giving me 404