Bubble Plugin Editor is Broken. State Initialization routines are not being called

Please see New Free Plugin: Browser Timezone and Locale

Bubble plugin editor “initialize state” routines are not being called (well, they are not getting called properly – it’s not my bug – you figure it out). This has apparently been going on for more than a month. I’m certain this has broken a large number of basic Bubble plugins that rely on initialization routines.

To see how this happens, install Browser Timezone & Locale plugin and select version 1.0.5. Drop the element in a page and look at the console logs. You’ll see that not all init routines are being called and that, in fact, the last one is called twice.

This seems to have been broken since at least Oct 18 2019. Cool, right?

I fixed the problem in 1.1.0 by not relying on the passive “initialize state” but instead actively calling publishState in the master “Code Initialize” routine. Please to fix. Thanks.

Same thing with BrowserStorage from @ZeroqodeSupport. It takes 3-4 seconds to be initialized. I haven’t sent a bug report yet. It’s been going on for two to three weeks for sure.

Update: I realized that all my plugins was at the end process of priority. I fix it. False alarm.

More detail on this bug: I made a minimal plugin that demonstrates the issue.

Go get “Initboy” from the plugins store. The bug is fully explained on the plugin page. Drop it on a page and observe the console. Also observe its outputs.

From the plugin description:

This plugin demonstrates a bug in Bubble:
Demonstrating state initialization bug. Bubble is currently (Nov 22 2019) not running State Initialization functions correctly. Plugins that use those may not function correctly/as expected.

Instructions

Drop element “initboy” on your page. Observe the browser console. Each state initialization function has a console.log statement in it.
What happens is that only the last function is run – and it gets run n times (where n is the number of initialization functions in the plugin). Each initialized state is assigned the value returned by the last (in this case 4th) function.

Further, the last function seems to get run 2x by 4x (it gets called 4 times in succession twice if I’m reading the console right).

You will also see console prints for the master initialization function and update function.

Examine the State outputs of initboy to see that all of them have been assigned by the 4th function.

Reported as bug #8111.

Take it easy and report the issue with Bubble to resolve?

It is reported. Read above.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.