Bubble changed something? - detect circular initialization of plugin elements?

I am using @seanhoots Air Time/Date Picker and it was working fine last week, I haven’t upgraded to the latest plugin version and yet it has just stopped working?

I have tried downgrading/upgrading the plugin but no difference.

Therefore I guess @bubble have made a change?

Is anyone else experiencing similar before I raise a bug request with Bubble?

Simon

2 Likes

Just tested and it is affecting live apps that haven’t been changed!

1 Like

This doesn’t seem limited to a specific library / plugin. A number of my live apps are broken all of a sudden as well. Looking at their releases page, bubble pushed some recursion checker code today which has broken this. Not sure if you’re seeing the same message as below screenshot @simon

1 Like

Do you mean this “detect circular initialization of plugin elements”?

Yes that one

Given the timezone they are in and thats showing as released today, I guess its automated and therefore we now have to wait for them to wake up and do something about it!

I really hope that’s not the case :astonished:

I think this issue raises this question again Frustration About How to Escalate an App Breaking Bug

1 Like

We did add some error handling there (it was failing silently, which is terrible). If you find a situation where you see this error and that shouldn’t be the case, please file a bug report with the app and the plugin so that we can look into it.

Bug filed.

We used to have the option not to take Bubble platform upgrades that approach appears to have gone @emmanuel , this type of issue would be a good reason for it to return?

Thanks for the response in the forum

Simon

3 Likes

bdk ‘env’ environment variables not working

Already submitted the bug report… Seeing this error in literally all my apps. Infact I use plugin to control the navigation so they are all basically ‘blank screens’ at this point. I’m not sure how to identify the plugin from the error message.

3 Likes

I have noticed it affecting BDK Toolbox - list of numbers, seems to be broken on all apps that we use this plugin. Reported bug.

1 Like

Now wondering how this change ever passed testing?

2 Likes

giphy i use all said plugins extensively…

2 Likes

Seems fixed, thank you Bubble team.

1 Like

Great job @bubble - Fixed

1 Like

Looks like its fixed. Thanks Emmanuel and bubble team

Thank you Bubble Team for being really fast on this

:sweat_smile: I was trying to figure out WTH was happening!