BubbleCon 2024 - Discussion Megathread

BUBBLECON 2024 IS HAPPENING!

Make sure to add your thoughts, comments, ideas and feedback in this thread :smiley:

You can watch live, just get a free virtual ticket:

I’ll go first: how about those keynote announcements? I think my fav was Flask with the confetti :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Too many unknowns still about the Mobile. Pricing / when etc.

Also giving access to everyone at the event first rather than honoring a waitlist that some people have been on for 1 year is kinda bad taste.

9 Likes

Agree! The slide said “the wait is over, mobile is here”. But then said you have to wait 30 days if you’re in person and I guess longer if virtual.

Also want to add: I’m a huge bubble fan and looking forward to what Nick Carrol will present on Native. He built the new version control system (branches) and it’s the best feature release I’ve ever seen. Huge fan of Nicks.

5 Likes

Nice features are going to be added. However, more details needed, for example regarding the streaming features and native mobile, like when and how much it cost (is there a new pricing model)?

Josh said streaming avail “early 2025”

But what exactly by streaming he means?
Will it be possible to connect app with streaming AI APIs by bubble API Connector directly (through websockets) or he means something else?

They really need to add websockets support.

1 Like

Will the streams be recorded so that everyone who would be interested can also watch it after the event?

Yes! Most BubbleCon sessions will be available for rewatch on Youtube. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Native builder announcement was disappointing. This was another Carrot on the Stick moment…

The components are cool and it’s very nice to see we will be able to create quality mobile experiences but man for such a big announcement that was fast chat with no room for questions and no real timeline for release.

6 Likes

it was planned for 30 mins. It only went for 19 mins and only ~4 mins discussed the product.

very sad :pensive:

3 Likes

No plugins required

If you have any specific questions put them here and I’ll walk up and ask!

Now, time to get off the forum and back to BubbleCon…

2 Likes

@georgecollier ask this:

“a friend of mine (me) was at bubblecon in 2023 and signed up the moment you announced it. he’s not in person for bubblecon 2024, when will he have access?”

2 Likes

The new workflow editor is now in beta today, how do we get access to that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The build of the apps is unclear. Do we have to get the Apple and Android dev licenses and input them into Bubble or will this all be centralized by Bubble (I’d hope the former rather than more centralization).

Has any of these beta apps actually gone through the full process of being live?

Also, find out if you’re allowed to create an honest YouTube video review of current native mobile editor.

Or, will they require you to not disclose (I understand current beta testers were not allowed to share much info)

Yes

Same as web editor, albeit with some different elements to reflect differences in mobile (e.g modal instead of popup, addition of bottom sheets, horizontal list instead of repeating group).

1 Like

@georgecollier Are you allowed to create a YouTube video going over capabilities and limitations?

If the editor is still limited (example: lists might not be as powerful as Repeating Groups for search) that’s important information to help business owners make decisions.