Bug: Cannot set "Current cell's index" for nested Group inside a Repeating Group

Hi there

If you have this structure:

Repeating Group
—> Group A
--------> Group B

Then in the Conditional settings for Group A, you will be able to select “Current cell’s index” as an option, but that option will not be available for Group B:

However, if you make conditional rule for Group A based on “Current cell’s index”, then copy Group A and nest it (just like Group B), then the condition you set will still work, but you won’t be able to create a new condition based on “Current cell’s index”:

Please allow “Current cell’s index” to be selected for nested groups inside a repeating group.

Cheers
Travis

3 Likes

@tmonczko We will look into this

1 Like

This would be great! This happens with conditions on a workflow from a nested button in a group as well. I typically put a hidden input with an initial content of current cell’s index if I need to reference it but a direct reference would be much simpler.

1 Like

Thanks @neerja and for the further details @eli.

I agree, it would be nice if this can be integrated as the function there works, either moving elements into child groups with the expression already in place or either copying the expression e.g. current cells index into another elements condition or workflow.

It would save having to use the hack e.g.

Cheers

We pushed a fix.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.