I’ll go first. Now that I’m in month 4 of my journey as a Bubble employee, I want to dedicate more time to learn how to actually build with Bubble. So this month I’ll watch all of Gregory john’s tutorials on our youtube channel and try to get a cool app built by Sept 1!
Super high motivation, stoked to learn how to build in the platform I support.
No issues (yet LOL!)
i am building an AI dashboard that makes it easy to use AI for your daily work.
contact me for a user interview. would be happy to talk to people about their painpoints using GPT
my motivation today is high.
i have most features built. now just simplifying, design and mobile website.
issue i ran into was repeating group not scrolling in floating group. i put a group around everything in floating group and checked. make scrollable if overlaps.
started a buildinpublic of building bubblingo, an app to list and share bubble resources and systems. will also upload it as a template and use as a boilerplate for future builds.
follow here - x.com
I’m learning about JSON! I’ve been using a list of type text, with built in separators, that thanks to @NoCodeDataArtisan I’ve realized would be much more scalable and efficient in JSON. Motivation: Being on the verge of launch, I’m pretty motivated. The most recent challenge I overcame was using the same field for multiple fuzzy searches for multiple fields, but respecting constraints across the merge - though based on WU this may be a work in progress
Today is going to be a solid 4. I’m working on a new build for a client whilst working on existing client’s ongoing development.
For one of the B2B SaaS we built and work on, the client’s customer had an issue because of a platform limitation (one feature is chatting with files, and their edge case meant that not enough memory was returned from Pinecone. The platform was working as intended, but not as the client’s customer wanted). I was able to come up with a solution that meant our client could go back to their customer next day and say we built out a custom solution just for their use case - that’s only possible with Bubble, because it only took 30 minutes!
I am building a documentation platform for bubble developers.
I have built many personal projects with Bubble. One of the problems I’ve constantly faced is forgetting my logic, workflows, API calls, etc., wasting so much time retracing my thought processes or explaining all the logic to my new bubble developer assistant.
I tried documenting with some tools like Notion and Google docs but I realized it wasn’t easy to link different sections such as plugins, workflows, custom states, and many more to each other since all these are highly interconnected in any app.
I always ended up scrolling back and forth within my documentation and opening many tabs to understand and track these relations.
I decided to build a custom documentation tool for Bubble that easily adds relations between different app sections such as features, workflows, database, plugins and so much more. I will be launching beta testing to gather feedback and improve on it.
My motivation is always oscillating between 2 and 5 but I am excited for bubblers to try it.
Any interested beta testers can send me a PM
Happy August
Thank you everyone for sharing!
On my end, I’ve learned that there are 79 videos in Gregory John’s intro to bubble 2024 divided into 8 sections. Some videos are short, others are 20 minutes. So I’ll be trying to cover 3-5 videos per day so I can finish before the end of the month.
Motivation is high today because it’s Friday
I’m juggling between upgrading the feature set of my ERP while building an app for a youth NGO. Though I’ve been having too much fun building my own plugins.
I’m working on implementing new features for our Bubble-built daily check-in service (app.checkinbee.com).
Motivation is fairly high as we’re seeing some nice growth and really seeing the huge benefits of Bubble when it comes to fast iteration of our app based on user feedback.
Our main pain points this week were with some parts of our backup system that needs to run independently from any parts of our main check-in flow. This is crucial for us given the high reliability expectation of the check-in service we provide.
Motivation: 2 - didn’t do much Bubble Mainly spent time helping my team and client projects run smoothly, but did get to use Bubble to create an even better onboarding flow with email chain logic!
Spoke with Nick for some mobile native alpha feedback last night which was good, and am looking forward to finishing a mobile native app shortly after one of the blockers is lifted! I was encouraged by the degree of confidence Bubble has in mobile native, and more importantly for me, the improvements that it’ll bring to Bubble web too!
My mission for August: to finalize my first bubble application!
Motivation 5/5, it’s incredible.
I’d say I’m 95% of the way through the software, today I put the Stripe payment processor into live mode, a few bugs but now it’s working perfectly!
The only remaining problem (maybe you can help me) is with the responsiveness. I’ve made all my pages responsive but it doesn’t suit me so I’m going to use pages with the “mobile version” option.
Do you know if the mobile version page is triggered as soon as the system detects that it’s a phone (so not on tablets) and how many pixels in screen width I need to make my mobile page responsive (some tablets today are less wide than phones).
woooo I’m learning quite a bit about Bubble’s editor and I haven’t even scratched the surface yet.
Motivation today was 3 just because I wanted to watch the Olympics instead, of I found the time to get through more tutorials
Stop watching tutorials and start building. Tutorials suck the motivation out of you, but building something actually motivates you. Just watching tutorials is like watching driver ed videos on a tv, while building is like driving a car.
True story: When I was 14 I was taught how to drive by my older brother and his two friends, all of whom were only licensed within that year. I was taught by them because I was the designated driver, not because I was sober, but because I was unlicensed and my license, if caught, would not have been taken away. I continued to teach myself by taking the car for joy rides after school while nobody was at home. By the time I turned 16, the first time my mother brought me out to drive to teach me, she noticed I had a good grasp and so we went onto the highway, into the city, where I continued to weave through traffic. I was 25 when I finally told her how I had actually learned to drive.
Moral of the story in relation to Bubble: build stuff and don’t be afraid to ‘break’ your app, and know, that when you need assistance/guidance it is there for you in multiple forms.
Only got through one video today but that’s ok. Motivation was good but I didn’t have time to sit down and watch more.
Totally agree, but I gotta know where things are and what they do before I can start building. Just stumbling around the editor would be a waste of time at this point.
Tutorial hell is very real, for sure
Hahaha…I remember first time I was driving and it started to rain. I had no idea where the windshield wiper switch was. I pulled the car over, and found them, then continued on. Building on Bubble is very similar. You will not know where or how to do everything, until you need to know.
No more tutorials. Start building. I look forward to hearing tomorrow how you built your first signup/login function.