Can't select multiple users in multiselect dropdown

Hi,

I’ve got a form to add a task to a project, and with that task I want to allow users to assign one or multiple people to the task. At the moment, I’m using the multiselect dropdown plugin to allow the user to find people to assign, and I have modified privacy settings so I can see the users in the dropdown list. However, I can’t select any user that isn’t the current user. If I add the current user it works, but if I add a second user or a different user, it just clears the dropdown field. There’s obviously something I’m doing wrong, but can’t figure it out as the privacy settings seen fine. Any tips on where I should look?

Hi there, @krislawson… it sounds like the issue could still be related to privacy rules. If you can share some relevant screenshots, I’m sure someone will be able to help you figure it out.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Thanks Mike,

Here’s a screenshot of my users privacy rules.

Here’s a screenshot of the options I set in the multisellect

Here’s what it looks like on the front end. When I try to select a user that isn’t the current user, it doesn’t work or just clears out the list.
Screen Recording 2023-12-03 at 11.35.56 am

Have you tried setting only the first name as a option caption?

I think the privacy rules should be okay, but you could try deleting them to see if the issue goes away. If it does, then you know it’s related to the privacy rules.

Just tried this and doesn’t make a difference. Behaves exactly the same.

OK yep. Definitely seems to be an issue with the privacy settings. If I change the everyone else to ‘view all fields’ then it starts working.

Ok - Just worked it out. It seems to be the company field that was causing the issue. I guess because I was filtering to the company of the current page or user, that maybe it was rejecting it if it couldn’t see the company? Anyway - have it solved now! Thanks so much for the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.