Change format of date

i getting a date with this format “Sat, 04 Jul 2020 21:08:25 +0000” as result of api workflow call . I need to change it to this format 04/07/2020. is possible ?

Hey @onilmaruri

You don’t need to change the format when you save the date to the DB. Best practice is to change the format to dd/mm/yyyy when showing the date dynamically in a text element.

Ambroise

Need extra help?

Book a free 15 minutes call - happy to help if I can

thanks, but i need to do it before insert in the database, when i run my shedule api workflow

@onilmaruri you can just use :formatted as when saving to the DB then

let me try , but is possible to :formatted as date when the value is an string ?

@onilmaruri when you initialize the API call in API Connector, you can change the type of content of each value. You can therefore set it to date, and you should be able to change the date format when saving the value to the DB

Let me know if that works for you
Ambroise

Need extra help?

Book a free 15 minutes call - happy to help if I can

thanks , @ambroisedlg, work for me

Hi, I am uploading data from a CSV and because the raw data is in the dd/mm/yyyy format I get an error. Transforming this constantly to the mm/dd/yyyy format would requie excessive reformatting. Is there no way the format can be changed?

By the way, I use the upload on the data tab not an API (yet)?

@forsdyke.montague sorry but i’ve never tried to do it with a csv file

No problem ! It was an easy fix, I changed the format in Excel and saved to a CSV. I have now written VBA to access the DATA API and upload the data via a looping POST call. Slow but works !