Changing field yes/no based on checkbox

Hello,

Slightly stumped on this one. My guitar teachers can give lessons online, in their own home/studio or in the student’s home.

I have a separate field for each of these choices. Whether or not each icon/text shows up depends on whether the field is yes/no. EG if the “online lessons” field for teacher X is Yes - the online icon/text will appear. If no, it will not. All based on a conditional.

They have the ability to change the info on their page via this popup.

Once the “update” button at the bottom of the page is clicked, the data updates.

But I’m not sure how to do this with checkboxes. I would like the “online lessons” field to change based on whether the checkbox is ticked or not.

But I can’t figure out how to put this into a workflow. It’s a bit different from just updating text.

Any ideas?

If I understand what you’re trying to do, all you have to do is

Make changes to Thing’s field “online lesson” = checkbox is checked.

The field “online lessons” should be of type Yes/No

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @casheets123 :smiley:

The only issue with that is I want the change to occur once the “update” button is clicked.

So it’s a two-step process for changing the field.

1. Tick/untick checkbox
  2. Click update button

Any idea how I might incorporate the second part?

Yup, that workflow should be on the button

When button “update” is pressed run the workflow;
Make changes to Thing’s field “online lesson” = checkbox is checked.

edit. with all the other changes you’re saving of course. Description, Activity etc.

edit 2. Basically what “checkbox is checked” does is save YES if checked and NO if unchecked.
Now your “online lessons” field with have value YES, and your conditionals for showing the online icon will work.

3 Likes

Your solution is as beautiful as it is simple @casheets123!

Thanks so much :smile:

1 Like