Hello, Im working on a user to user chat but I dont know how to configure the repeating group so the new messages at the bottom are the first to appear.
Rigth now you have to scroll all the way down to see the last messages.
Hi there, @ibra.cisse … you might want to check out the plugin that is showcased in this thread…
[reverse%20repeating%20group]
Instead of starting from top and then scrolling to the bottom this plugin reverses standard Bubble repeating groups and starts from the bottom with scrolling upwards.
This is particularly useful for building chat elements (think Whatsapp) where at the bottom of the window you see the most recent record and then if you need to go back through messages you scroll upwards.
[reverse%20repeating%20group]
For live demo and details please visit the plugin page here: Re…
Hope this helps.
Best…
Mike
Thank you so much Mike! But i was looking for a more affordable solution, I found this old post:
Someone may have found this out already but just incase anyone is wondering about having the repeating group scroll to the bottom whenever a new message is created (no matter the user), I did this using custom states here:
When the page is loaded, the repeating group scrolls to the last entry of the repeating group (the bottom):
[image]
Then I created a custom state on the repeating group called ‘Number’ (which is the ‘Count’ of the repeating group’s messages at the time of page load):
[ima…
Use scroll to entry in workflow