Collapse the height of a group containing a horizontal scrolling repeating group

Hi, repeating group Z is a horizontal scrolling RG (it has to be horizontal scrolling).

This repeating group is has a height of 2700 and is inside group X which has a height of 2718.

When there is not much information to show in the RG, its height reduces (correctly).

The problem is that, when this happens, group X’s height do not reduce so I just get a big blank space in my page when this RG height is collapsed. I need group x to collapse its height as well when this happens.

“Collapse this element height when hidden” is already ticked for group X.

Any solutions? Thanks!

Are you using the new responsive?

No, I tried converting my app to the new responsive but it got completely broken. I got something like +1000 errors, its crazy, so I restored to the previous engine.

Yea I personally prefer to not use the responsive version. Have you tried making group X height the smallest you would ever want it to go. It would still “expand” for if the inner repeating group was larger. I think group x should have a height much lower than 2718. The only issue is whenever you want to edit the repeating group in the editor you will have to make group x height large so the repeating group wont pop outside but after editing you can manually adjust group x height down.

Yes, I am afraid that is not working for me. The group does gets smaller but the blank space is still there

Is Group X set to be visible on page load?

I think I had this issue as well at one point. I don’t know if this is a “fix” so much as a design that works as I think you would like. My setup is like yours but with vertical RG. I realize you indicated you can’t use a vertical RG. I put a text box just below the repeating group (inside group x from your example) and this box is the last thing on the page and stays just below the repeating group regardless of how tall it is. I guess I am just pointing out that the issue seems to be related to using horizontal RG.

It is not visible on page load

I also have some text below the RG, and the text stays just below the RG regardless of how tall it is. But the lower border of group X does not, it just stays way below of the RG, at its original height.

Could you make a Loom video or take a screenshot or something to get a better visual of what your settings are or what the behavior is doing?

1 Like

Hi, I found that there was an little html element behind the repeating group group. That’s why it was not collapsing, just wanted to update. Thank you all for the help!