Conditional hide text element not working

Hey everyone - I have a text element that will display phone numbers. However, my data is dirty and has a lot of values that are clearly not phone numbers, eg strings with more than 10 or 11 characters and strings that are less than 10 characters.

I’ve been trying to add some basic conditional logic on the text element that checks to see the number of characters for the phone number value and if < or > than a certain number it will hide the text element and not display the phone number value. The goal is to hide the phone number value if its obviously not a valid phone number (eg 512 or 1241234124124142).

Apologies if this is super basic but I have looked around for an answer and can’t figure it out.

Here are some screenshots of my conditional logic and then the preview results.
Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 6.14.41 PM

Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 6.15.20 PM

What does the debugger show?

It say’s “invisible” in the bottom right

That’s not the same condition as in your previous screenshot.

That’s very strange because I’ve just triple checked and the condition in my first screenshot (< 10 character) is still applied correctly but in the debugger it’s showing the opposite (> 10 characters).

Let me play around for a little and will follow up. Thanks a bunch for your help here.

1 Like

Hey Adam - appreciate your help here. After reviewing again it seems the issue was just that the debugger/preview was not updating and reflecting the intended logic. Everything works now. Again, super appreciative of your help and sorry for wasting your time with a basic user error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.