Conditions for text that does not fit in 1 row

I want to hide the group if its text is in 2 rows and does not fit the group’s height and show another group with a bigger height instead.
2pfkwpfowk
Is there a way to do it without using “:number of characters” ?

I think the easiest way to do it is just to calculate number of characters where it splits into 2 lines and then use that.

I know you said without using number of characters, but that’s the only way I’ve found without exploring external JS.

1 Like

It is worth saying that I’ve achieved something I want with another group, but when I replicate all parameters to the group in my first message then it does not get the same properties
woivjwioj
Green group dynamically changes its height.

help :crying_cat_face:
oe

I might be misunderstanding the desired behavior, but wouldn’t the Shrink the element height if the text gets shorter property of the Text element do what you want?

text-shrink

-Steve

Premium Bubble Plug-Ins

1 Like

Where can I find this property? Can you give me a link to your editor?

I know only this
ddds

Hmm, you might have to remove the pre-defined style, but it should be there. Also, I don’t know if it matters, but my app is on version 8 of the Bubble Engine.

EDIT: Something to note that isn’t really obvious. The Text element should be created with just a single row of text in design mode, because Bubble automatically expands the height when there’s more text - i.e. the opposite of what the property label says. :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.