Configure Temp Passwords without symbols (non-alphanumberic)

Hi Bubble Team,

It would be incredibly helpful to give Bubblers the option to generate temp passwords using only letters and numbers, meaning no use of symbols or punctuation.

In our testing, we’ve found the inclusion non alphanumeric punctuation and symbols in the temp password have created difficulty for the user, both in event of trying to copy/paste and/or trying to remember it.

Symbols like colon(:slight_smile: semi-colon (:wink: exclamation (!) are both difficult to see when in between other characters and do not copy/paste the entire PW when a user double-clicks on it, only partially copying the PW. This results in frustration with user (esp. on mobile devices) and/or unsuccessful log-in altogether because they don’t realize they haven’t entered the entire PW.

ex. with characters: #0T7!xAi

vs.

ex. w/o characters: 10T7KAi

Is this possible/easy to achieve in the near future?

Thanks!

Also wondering if anyone found an answer to this

Hi Jordan,

I never got a resolution to this. The thread didn’t get any engagement so I just dealt with it. There still doesn’t appear to be a way to format your auto-generated temp passwords in the settings tab. Ideally, it would be nice to format the temp password policy separately as you do your permanent ones, but I would settle for it mirroring whatever your permanent policy is. An even better option, in my opinion, would be having the ability to dynamically edit it directly in the workflow, in the same step you assign the user you want the temp password for. This way, you can run a Find and Replace with REGEX to remove the non-alphanumeric characters before the temp password is created/assigned.

I found this REGEX expression that will remove any non-alphanumeric characters >>> [^a-zA-Z\d\s:] but that doesn’t do you any good after the password is assigned.

Although I haven’t attempted this yet, I also thought about seeing if I could use the Air Copy to Clipboard plugin to create and insert a copy button into the e-mail that copied the temp password to the users clipboard, hoping to circumvent the problem I initially described. Maybe you start here… If I figure something out, I’ll post it here.