Connecting pop-up to RepeatingGroup cell selection

I’ve created a Repeating Group with a Type of Content as “Credential”, Data Source as “Search for Credentials” and a constraint of User = Current User. Each RG cell displays 3 elements: Current cell’s Credential Logo, Title and Issuer.

I now want to create a function where if I click on a cell’s Title, it opens a Pop Up with other elements I choose (for details such as date of birth, address etc.) relating only to that cell’s Credential. To display those details in the pop up, would I use Text and Image elements and if so, how do I set the parameters to ensure that it only picks up one Field value from the relevant RG cell (rather than displaying all the Field values of the RG, which it is currently doing now)?

Just set the popup’s content type to be the same as the RG, then when an item in the RG is clicked, Display the current cell’s data to the RG.

Everything inside the popup should refer to the popup’s ‘thing’.

Thanks Adam.

I have a few elements (e.g. an Image and two Texts) in the RG that currently displays information (i.e. “Current cell’s Credential’s [Logo/Title/Issuer]”) in the RG fine.

In terms of the popup (that pops up when you click on the Title in the RG), I’ve set its “Type of Content” as “Credential” (same as the RG).

So say I want to again display the “Issuer” Field value in the popup, I’ve inserted a Text element into the popup and inserted dynamic data as “RepeatingGroup Credential’s List of Credentials’s Issuer”. This has the effect of displaying all the issuers one after another from the RG, instead of just the Issuer of the thing that corresponds with the RG cell which was clicked.

I hope this makes sense.

I’ve inserted a Text element into the popup and inserted dynamic data as “RepeatingGroup Credential’s List of Credentials’s Issuer”. This has the effect of displaying all the issuers one after another from the RG, instead of just the Issuer of the thing that corresponds with the RG cell which was clicked.

Yes, because you’re using the RepeatingGroup’s list of credentials as the datasource (which is a list of things, which is not what you want to do).

As I said previously, everything inside the Popup should just refer to the popup’s Credential (not the RG’s list of credentials).

You set the Popup’s data when the RG item is clicked (using current cell’s Credential as the data to display).

So everything inside the Popup should have as its datasource Popup's Credential then the specific field you want to show.

It worked! It took me a while, and I still need to work through the logic a bit more to fully understand it, but having it work is a start.

Thanks so much Adam!

1 Like