Controlling sequence of animations in workflow actions

I’m building a trivia game where a series of multiple choice questions appear. When the user clicks on an answer option, it adds/subtracts points from their score and causes the next question to appear.

I’m trying to have the workflow happen like this:

1. User clicks on answer option
  2. Animation happens to slide out the previous question which they just answered
  3. Next question loads while the question is not visible
  4. A second animation happens to slide in the next question

No matter what I do, every single time the sequence happens like this instead:

1. User clicks on answer option
  2. Animation happens to slide out the previous question which they just answered
  3. Animation happens to slide in the next question, but the old question text and answer options still display
  4. Next question data replaces the previous question, causing a sort of “glitch” in the user experience

I have tried using custom events, which supposedly are supposed to complete before the next one begins. I have also tried setting a yes/no value custom state AFTER the question is changed, and using this custom state in a “When condition is true” trigger to animate in the next question.

Nothing I have tried works. Is there a way to force this functionality to happen in the order I need it to?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.