Convert your Bubble App into a Native App (iOS & Android)

This seems to be an iOS bug I’ve experienced with all webview apps I’ve used. It’s not anything that we can do, it seems. Still unfixed on iOS 14.

That sucks. I’m switching over from WebViewGold which was able to achieve this, as well as status bar text color changing.

I don’t know how/what’s happening fully, but it’s something that happens on/off.

Hey @PasqualeJS! Full support for iPads and other tablets is on our roadmap, but I unfortunately don’t have a definite timeframe for that right now.

Advanced animation support is actually also on our roadmap haha :grinning: Seems like we’re on the same page. At some point, you’ll be able to upload a JSON file for either your splash animation or your loading animation and we’ll use Lottie to display it.

For now though, we do support GIFs on both iOS and Android. You can upload them on your Codeless Academy dashboard and we’ll include them in your App Build when it’s time to submit to the App Store/Google Play.

We support this too! If you’re having any trouble with it, feel free to send me a message and I’m happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks so much for your quick response. One last question for this general thread. Has anyone successfully built around Google blocking Oath from embedded webviews?

Hi @natedogg I’m using your Codeless test-app to test my app on an Android tablet. The Bubble page I’m testing has of course your “CodelessNativeApp” element in it.
It looks like it is impossible to get a rotation and go to landscape. If I open my app in the browser of the same tablet, it does rotate. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi @gianluca1,

Just like with iPads, we unfortunately don’t fully support Android tablets right now either. It’s on the list though!

Hi @natedogg your service rocks!

Are you planning on enabling a signature-capture component?

Use case: mobile site audits

Hi, do you have an ETA for allowing rotation? My use case is a mobile app intended to be used on a desk stand like in the pic below so it’s impossible to test without a landscape mode.

P.S. I noticed the following error on my page:
Element CodelessNativeApp A
The plugin Codeless Academy Native App / element Codeless Native App threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘postMessage’ of undefined
at statusBarStyle (PLUGIN_Codeless-Academy-Native-App-update–Codeless-Native-App-.js:25:43)
at eval (PLUGIN_Codeless-Academy-Native-App-update–Codeless-Native-App-.js:33:5) (please report this to the plugin author)

1 Like

No plans to add it so far @cmarchan, but I’ll add it to the list to look into!

Hey @gianluca1!

We probably won’t be able to support that until at least the holiday season.(Thanksgiving/Christmas) Partially because of other things, and partially because of things we need to check the boxes on (new iPad models, new iPadOS, etc.)

As for the error you’re seeing, that is actually expected. That error is happening because you’re viewing the console in a browser. The plugin is trying to communicate with our native wrapper, but it doesn’t exist since you’re in the browser. It doesn’t affect anything in regards to your app’s performance on the web, though!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @natedogg. That would be awesome!

Second this!

Awesome! I’ll keep everyone updated on our progress with some of these feature requests. We’re targeting late 2020 for our next big release :slightly_smiling_face:

Any recommendations for the best strategy to place the CodelessNativeApp element for a single page app? I’d like to trigger the OneSignalToken is ready event when the page loads (to either update the device token in DB if it’s changed or add it if it’s empty), but I believe I need to either put the element within one of my “page” groups (which will only trigger when that page is active) which doesn’t quite work because the page flow is different in my app depending on the user’s current status. I could create multiple copies of the CodelessNativeApp element (one for each “page” group), but I think that will create many extraneous calls to OneSignal (one for each page that loads). I can’t put the element outside of the page groups because it will mess up my layout .

Hi @Zaque!

If you have a single page application, placing the element inside a group should still trigger the event, even if it’s hidden. The plugin element doesn’t have to be visible on the page to work.

Conversely, if you’d prefer to not have it inside of a group, have you tried hiding all of your groups and placing it directly on the page, behind where all the groups would be?

1 Like

@natedogg Is it possible to change the thumbnail + Header on deeplinks? Also for QR Code Reader - what is the optimal way to store and retrieving data with multiple parameters?

Hey @PasqualeJS! Can you give me an example of what you mean by each one?

Deep links don’t have a thumbnail or header associated with them, so I’m not sure I follow there.

And barcodes typically only have one data source provided, which is a text. Can you give me an example of a barcode that has multiple types of data associated with it?

Thanks @natedogg

Quick question.
Does this plugin support AdMob or any way to monetize your app natively?
Also do your features work with Bubble’s workflow system?

Thanks!