Cookies explained

Hi, Bubble’s Director of Operations here - I’ll answer your questions and provide some context below.

To start, our Privacy Policy gives an overview of the types of cookies we use, and though it doesn’t list specific cookie names, it’s helpful to get a good sense for what types of cookies Bubble uses and why. Please note that many software companies don’t list specific cookie names, as usage may change over time.

In reference to the specific cookies you mentioned:

• cookieconsent_dismissed: this is used by the “Cookie consent (EU)” plugin to track that the user acknowledged the cookie banner.

• [appname]_live_u2main and [appname]_live_u2main.sig: these cookies are the primary session identifier. This is necessary to support logging in and out of Bubble apps, and saving data to the current user.

• [appname]_live_u1main: this is used to communicate session information to javascript running in the web browser, and is necessary to support logging in and out of Bubble apps, and saving data to the current user.

Finally, I recommend taking a look at this forum announcement from @josh on this topic – it may be relevant to your own compliance efforts.

Please let me know if you have any other questions – very happy to help where possible!

5 Likes