Cookies - from anonymous to signed in

Hey all

Hoping for some input in regards to setup of cookies.

QUESTION
How do I transfer cookie settings for “Current User” (before log-in) to the user when he/she logs in? All users will see the cookie popup before (hopefully) becoming a signed in user.

In my current setup, the user once signed in will get prompted with the cookie box again. Any ideas how to set the cookies up properly?

CURRENT STEPS

First time user hits page:

• Cookie popup shows. User selects “accept” or “decline”.
  • Cookie preferences is set and I save “Current user cookiesdecided = yes” where cookiesdecided is a boolean field to know that the user had made a decision to regards to cookies

My underlying logic for when to show the cookie popup is:

• “If current user cookiesdecided = yes” then do not show cookie-popup. If not “yes”, then show cookie popup. This way I am able to trigger the popup only for first-time visitors to all sites.

Hoping for some clever ideas or input!

Cheers
Maja

After answer is entered, Make a change to thing: Current user. This is how you store cookie information. This will live for a moment so you can Filter: If current user Cookie accept is not Yes to show the popup

Hey @Jici - thanks for the suggestion.

I am currently doing “Make a change to thing: current user”, see printscreen.

The problem is when a user signs up it seems that the “current user” is changed to someone else? At least, the popup shows again. Any idea why this happens?

1 Like

Were you able to find out?

Unfortunately no. I still have the same problem.

Have you figured it out in the meantime? Would be very excited to hear your solution!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.