Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Create multi-select input with checkboxes?

If it possible to have the checkboxes to take multiple inputs?

Right now, when I create a checkbox, it creates a single checkbox. I want to have many items to select, like a radio button, but be able to select many options. Is that possible?

It seems like these two older posts are asking a similar question:
Multi-check box can be saved to Server? and Filtering with checkboxes and multiple selections from a drop down

However, I’m still not sure what the answer is.

Could I use a “group” and put many checkboxes in the group and then save whichever ones are clicked by any chance?

Just tried putting many checkboxes into a group, that didn’t work :frowning:

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I can’t imagine I’m the only person with this problem.

I am not sure it is any more complex than having multiple checkboxes on the page ?

Or if your selections are on the database (say a list of values) then you can have a repeating group with a label and checkboxes.

@NigelG I think your second option could work with the selection on the database.

Checkboxes are yes/no so would I need to have a database field for each selector that I wanted in a checkbox?

For example, if I wanted to select from a list of fruits to buy, I would have to set up the database so apple, orange, banana, were each individual fields, instead of having the field simply be “fruits”. Is that correct?

Preloaded with fruit :slight_smile:

https://buildingonbubble.com/block/selectable-list-1470553906464x624549423891611600

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.