Date increments using triggers

Hi community!

Not sure if this has been posted before - I have searched and searched, maybe it’s written a different way. If so please point me in the right direction.

Just to note, I am not looking to use paid for plugins or templates for this.

I am creating a dashboard to display data much like a health app.

At the top of the screen the date (ddd dd mmm) is displayed. Next to the date there are chevrons to change the date to the previous day or one day in advanced. Clicking on the date itself will launch a wider date range. The change of date will trigger what is displayed in a graph also.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the date to change upon selecting the left chevron/-1 day button. Do I need to approach this from a database angle or continue using and customising Bubble.io date/time picker?

Visuals below to demonstrate.

TIA everyone!

1 Like

UPDATE:

It seems the value of the data is changing but not the displayed data itself - really any help would be very much appreciated.

I added “yesterday” and “tomorrow” buttons for ease at this time.

What is the text Mon 21 Sep? Is it dynamic and is it correctly connected to display the date stored in the state?

thanks @ralphlasry for your response.

So the way I have it set up now is a date/time picker, but have tried it with text field and dynamic data too with the same results.
I am not sure it’s connected correctly in the state however…

I think you’re getting confused about how to create variables in Bubble. (Local variables are called “Custom States”.) You’re likely also getting confused about the presentation layer versus data layer.

Anyway, here you go:

Runtime: https://list-shifter-demo.bubbleapps.io/version-test/date-incrementer?debug_mode=true

Edit mode: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=date-incrementer&id=list-shifter-demo&tab=tabs-2

For more on dates (actually, watch this before you even attempt to inspect the project I posted above) see, Live Bubbling with Keith: Let's Talk About Dates - Explaining the Basics of Dates in Bubble

2 Likes

Hey @keith thank you for your response.

Definitely am having a knowledge blockage and will look over your video and examples. :blush:

Will update on how I get on using your examples!

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.