Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Delete an entry from a field

I’ve been trying to create a functionality that allows the user to delete an entry, and I implemented this by leaving the field empty, but it appears this no longer works:

Am I not doing it right or there’s been a change?

Try using the workflow action “Delete a thing” here instead of “Make a change to a thing”! Let us know if you have further questions.

Tried that.

This is the response I get:

Looks like whatever is being deleted is incompatible. Would you be able to send some screenshots of the data types and fields involved so we can get a better idea of why it is incompatible?

I want the user to be able to delete the text stored in the marked fields.

Hi there @mobolajifolorunso ,

You should just set those fields as a blank value. You can’t use the “Delete a thing” action.

You’ll notice from the first message I sent, that is exactly what I did, but it doesn’t work. The user still can’t delete the text.

Or is there any other way to set the field as blank? (Please, refer to the first message I sent)

Is the correct data passed into your parent group’s essay? If there was no data being passed into it to begin with, then there would be nothing to edit.

Yeah, the correct data is passed into it.

But, from the first screenshot I sent, is that the right way to set up the functionality?

Yes, that should be the correct setup

Oh. Just checked my set up again, and dsicovered that the data was not passed into the parent group’s essay.

Just resolved this now.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Glad you got it working!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.