Delete files with API

Hello everyone…

I’m trying to delete several files from File Manager, and I’m trying to do that in the Backend.
Every file is stored on a Datatype and has an ID to the “Project” so I can identify it.
I’m trying to create a loop to delete all files before I delete the project

When the button is clicked:
delete-04

The problem is that the loop is not my thing… I am always stuck on this.
I don’t know how to “start” the loop in this case.

Thanks
Fabian

If you’re asking how to start the reclusive workflow, you just need to add an action to ‘schedule an API workflow’ in some other workflow to kick it off.

Is “running” the workflow… if you are meaning this

I think you need to make changes to the DT-Vehicle to remove the image reference from the Images field as well as deleting the uploaded file.

1 Like

yeah… I need to do that too… to make changes to the Images Field… but I don’t know how to delete those files

Can anyone give me a hint on how to solve this?

Can anyone give me a hint on how to solve this?

What exactly are you trying to solve? (it’s not clear to me what you’re actually asking?)

I have to delete a listing or a project which contains several images. I have to delete images before I delete the project. And I guess I have to do this in Backend. And I’m stuck deleting files.

‘Stuck’ in what way?

The api wont delete any files

Why not?

I don’t know :man_shrugging:t2:

that’s why I posted in forum I guess, to find out why

Could it be because in your first step, you are Deleting the ID, then in the second step you are using ID (that was just deleted) to schedule the API workflow, so it’s not actually sending anything to be deleted? Or am I reading it wrong?

The ID is of another Datatype… and can’t be deleted

floppy

I want to delete the Files. I’m not deleting the data fields yet

Thank you for your answer
Fabian

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.