Deleting data using checkbox

Now, I display a list with repeating groups .
I would like to place a checkbox in a repeating group so that only the checked list will be deleted when the delete button is pressed.
Please tell me how to set up the workflow or other method.

おはようございます!
you can achieve this simply by using the Delete a list of things operator in your workflow; fill the data source with a reference to the repeating with the filtered operator that filters only the cells that have the checked box true.
If you couldn’t figure it out, feel free to reach out.

Good morning sir.
Thanks your reply.
I understood the method using Delete a list of things if the delete button clicked.
And then how should select the flow.
add a new constraint?
data source select?

Option 1:

• Make sure that you store the value of the checkbox status in a field (e,g Selected yes/no) of the cell data type.
  • Make sure that when checkbox is clicked it update the field status (allow auto binding).
  • Use the value of that field in the constraints.

Option 2:

• Create a custom check box
  • Create a state on the repeating group where to store the selected records.
  • When a check box is clicked use plus item/minus item operators to add/remove from the selected records state
  • Use the selected records state in the delete list of things operator

Both options are valid, however the option 2 will have less workload usage.

1 Like

Dear @Codebyjamal

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

I was able to solve it using option 1.
I also tried option 2(less workload usage), but I couldn’t figure out how to set it up.
If there is a more detailed setting method, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.
I’ll try it again too.

I’m really thankful to you.

どういたしまして
I’m glad that you were able to set it up properly,
As for the second option it’s quite simple,
Here is an example from scratch:
Assuming that the data source is type Task, and you want to select and delete specific Tasks.

• Create a repeating group that loop through the Task Data source.
  • Create a state on the repeating group where to store the selected tasks make; sure it’s type is Task and that list check box is checked.
  • On the cell level create a group with name checkbox and group two images inside; one with box checked and second with unchecked box and make the display of both of them conditional based if the current cell parent Task exists in the main repeating group selected records. Make sure to add a workflow to add/remove the current cell task to the selected tasks state on click based on if it is already selected or not ( use plus item/minus item operators )
  • Use the selected records state in the delete list of things operator

If you were able to set it up let me know otherwise I may create a sample and send you a link to the editor.

Dear @Codebyjamal

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I couldn’t setup this method, may be this method is difficult for me due to my lack of experience.
I apologize for taking the trouble to write such a detailed explanation.
If you can, please create me a sample and send me ha link to the editor not in a hurry.
ありがとうございます。

Yes, absolutely.
That’s the proof of concept.
Bubble Editor
feel free to reach out if you need anything else.

1 Like

Dear @Codebyjamal

I understood very well.
I remake like this method.

Also I want to know, if I have any trouble.
Thanks your kindness.

1 Like