What are the pro’s and con’s of having Bubble forms submit data after each user input, instead of waiting until the very end of the form to have a user submit all of the data at once.
Here’s my current take – would love to hear what you think I’m missing!
- Submitting after each field is essentially required to use RGs in forms (because there’s no good way to get the data stored at the very end if you haven’t already created things for each input).
- Submitting throughout means that users won’t have to wait long at all after clicking the submit button (at the end) since nearly all of the content will already be included in the database.
- Enables us to store partially completed forms. This has 2 benefits: 1) they can be set-up to allow users to come back later and complete them, without any data loss. 2) the data can be mined to better determine why users may not be completing the form
- Uses more workflows
- Can be slow when users are submitting many fields and Bubble is running slower than normal
- It’s less scaleable since it hits the database more frequently
- Requires database and corresponding workflows to search through half-completed forms.
Any other important considerations that I’m missing?