Display calculation on different page when not an input

Hi, I’m trying to display a calculation (sums) from one page onto another page…but this calculation isn’t an input…it’s an output. Please advise. Thanks! @cmarchan @yusaney1

1 Like

If it was the same page you could store the calculated value in a custom state - nice an easy - the Bubblish way. :slight_smile:

As you are talking about different pages this won’t work. To have persistance between pages you need to use the database. You could store the value on the user for example.

Alternatively you could pass the value on the URL (probably a bit yuck) or store in cookies (not very Bubblish but possible) Or just recalc on the next page :man_shrugging:

Hi @favio welcome to the community!

All of @lindsay_knowcode suggestions are spot on! Second all of them :+1:t2:

Thanks so much @lindsay_knowcode and @cmarchan !

A couple of clarifying questions:

1. How do you store the value on the User? - When creating a new thing, I didn’t see User as an option.
  2. How do you recalc on another page? - This sounds similar to what I’m trying to do, but I think I’m missing something.
  3. How do you store the calculated value in a custom state? - Is there a way to do this? I’ve been using Text boxes to sum the values that come up on repeating groups. Is there a more efficient way?

Thanks!

Favio

@favio

• Create a popup that will never be opened
  • Add a group there and make it of type number and call it “data - value to be passed to another page”
  • Once the calculation is done on the page then deposit it in “data - vtbptap” via the action display data in a group … .or create the necessary expressions for the calculation and draw the result from there to be saved to the user object as a subsequent action
  • … Save that value to the user object (having created a field of type number for it of course)
  • On your new page this value will be present in your user object

Hope this helps :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Nice technique @cmarchan :slight_smile::+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks so much everyone!