Display item from other page's repeating group to a detail page

Hello there.

I am sending data from a repeating group with this workflow from a dashboard page.

Then the item’s unique id is sent to the detail page to the end of the url.
https://<(subdomain)>.bubbleapps.io/version-test/product-detail/<(unique id sent from workflow)>

This is the approach I have tried to display the item fields in the detail-page:

What am I doing wrong? Indeed it is diplaying the first item but I cant find a way to display the Product/item from the urls unique id. :smiley:

Why don’t you just set the destination page content-type to Product… and then just send the Product to the page (instead of messing about with unique IDs and searches)?..

Or is there a specific reason you’re not doing that? (it is the standard way to do it)…

And why have you checked the ‘Send more parameters to the page’ box when you’re not sending more parameters to the page?

In any case, I don’t know what you’re searching for on your Products page text element, so I can’t answer specifically about why it’s not working, but (unless you have a particular reason to do things this way) you’re making things much more complicated than they need to be.

I am doing this way as similar as detail page I use to do working with web development.with the unique id biside the page name (websitename/page-name/unique-id).

There is not a particular reason. I had checked because I was sending a “product” parameter with unique id to try to get the product object from the url (but with no success).

What I am search for is:

When I click in a item from a repeating group I be able to open the detail page with the product details that I had clicked previously from the previous page.

I’d stick to the standard Bubble way of doing it if I were you.

1 Like

I agree with you, that is why I am find it difficult.

What I did was instead of “search for Product” I set the page’s “Type of content” to product (now it make sense). And set instead to “Current page Product” and worked.

What I get confused is that content-type we use to create polimorphic models in programming. Now it works, you right.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.