Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Displaying a list of options pulled from data

Hi,

I’ve looked in the forum and have not been able to find a solution to my problem. I’m trying to display data in a list based on what the user enters. For example, if a user submits a “station number” I want the workflow to pull all the items in that station and display them in a list for the user to further choose from. The station and the corresponding items are in my database, but not sure how to reference them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Like

You need to set your repeating group data equal to an input (i.e. an input that your user will enter the station number into). Then do a “search for” and query your desired database to display results of stations, etc. based on the number the user entered.

You might want to go through the Bubble tutorials, this is all in there.

Thank. But I would like to pull the items within the station that is chosen by the user. Will I be able to still do that?

Yes, of course. Try this:

1. Create a “searchbox” and set it’s list of options equal to the database of stations
  2. Create a hidden input and set it’s initial content equal to the searchbox’s value
  3. Create a repeating group (or just a regular group) and set the data equal to “Do a search for” (then select stations database and set a parameter that is “[station] = [hidden input’s value]”

You now have a repeating group (or regular group) that will display the station info of whatever station the user entered.

Thanks again. So one last thing…so all the items (in my case there are 9 individual items) will appear as a list in the repeating group based on what station the user has picked?

So I tried what you suggested but the repeating group is showing up empty and showing the items in the station in the database…am I missing something?