Document Reader & Word Counter - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey Bubblers,
one more plugin delivered to you by Zeroqode :slight_smile:
Document reader and word counter - This plugin reads .docx, .pdf and .txt documents and returns their content or word count.
here is the plugin page - Document Reader and Word Counter Plugin | Bubble
and demo page: plugindemo | Bubble Editor

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

3 Likes

Hi
Nice. Without having a look can it take input from a bubble input as the source?
Thanks
Kyle

yes, i believe it should work if you refer to Bubble’s file uploader input
or any text input which would return the URL to the file

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Demo won’t work?

it should! I just added to text elements that will show the document content and the word count.
here is the page again plugindemo | Bubble Editor

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

2 Likes

Hey guys, I just purchased the once off license for this plugin but I cannot find it in the editor. I am still on the bubble free plan. Do paid plugins only show once I am on the Bubble paid plan?

Bumping this.

Hi, @phrase9!
Thanks for reaching out!

Nope, you are able to see the purchased plugin in free Bubble plan as well. Please check your app for which you have bought this plugin navigating to the tab Plugins (as a sample please see screenshot)

Hope this helps!
Best,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks. It shows yes as an installed plugin but I can’t find it anywhere in the design tab.

You can find it in the design tab under Input Forms section

Additionally, you may visit the Editor page to peep how the plugin settings are set.

Best,
Zeroqode Team.

Aha ok thank you. I didn’t know it was a file uploader also. I thought it was just operations to the Bubble file uploader.

Thanks

Things happen :wink: You are always welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it give it as many stars as it deserves. :slightly_smiling_face:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us!

Take care and stay healthy!
Zeroqode Team

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing the following two issues:

1. Word documents with a few hundred words are working perfectly but neither large Word documents nor PDFs are uploading.
  2. I find I have to click several times on the upload button before it opens up the upload pop-up.

I am only testing the word-counter for now.

I run a translation business so this process needs to work quick and accurately for all size files on my website’s order form.

Please advise.

FYI, these issues I mention above replicate in the plugin demo as well

Hi, @phrase9 !

Let us check this out carefully and we’ll get back to you asap! Thanks for understanding!

Appreciate for the details and feedback!

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Great thanks. I look forward to the fix

Hi, @phrase9!
We have checked the Live demo with two files- .pdf and .docx which contain more than 1k words and the plugin reads them well. Here is a screencast of the test: https://www.loom.com/share/61f6d8a59faf4cdfbaefa20e109f6625

Also, the popup appeared once we click the uploader. Could you please check if you do upload the correct types of files (.docx , .pdf , .txt). If so, would be very helpful if you can send us your files for testing purposes. Note: if sending the files via the forum is not convenient for you, you may send them via Support@zeroqode.com.

Thanks for undesrtanding!
Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hi Zeroqode Team

1. Are there size limits on the files that can be uploaded? It is just not one or two files I am having trouble with. All files after the first one worked do not do anything. And these are definitely docx. and pdf. files.

2. Our business regularly receives documents that can range from a few hundred words up to 20k words. Most of these are docx files.

3. Where are the files stored? In Bubble storage or the plugin’s storage? I need to guarantee our clients privacy and safety of their documents.

Hey, @phrase9!

There is a general bubble file limits - 50MB. But if this limit will be needed to increase, we can take into consideration to improve the plugin limits.

We have tested files (up to 1MB) one by one with more then 20k words and the were read well. Maybe there is a way to send your files to us via e-mail, so we can test them.

It is Bubble storage. The uploaded files are stored in your app, tab Data- File manager.

Hope this was helpful!
Best,
Zeroqode Team