šŸŽ› New plugin - theCountable (now free)

theCountable is a plugin to add live paragraph-, word- and character-counting to your bubble Elements!

Itā€™s very easy and intuitive to use.
You do not have to stop writing to see the results.

Link to plugin: theCountable Plugin | Bubble
Documentation, demo & editor: theCountable Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode

• Update 15/07/2018 ā€“ Added a way to limit the number of characters allowed in the input field.
    (Note: spaces also counts as a character)

• Update 08/08/2018: Now max. characters count the same characters as the plugin does (without spaces).

Update 20-th of Feb 2019:
This plugin has been acquired by Zeroqode - for any support queries please mention @ZeroqodeSupport in your post

10 Likes

Please donā€™t subscribe to the plugin, after a deep meditation we decided to make those plugins free for everyone.
So please, donā€™t purchase it, until bubble changes the license of those plugins to free. We sent them the request.

Best regards.

7 Likes

Updated :control_knobs:

3 Likes

Updated

• Update 08/08/2018: Now max. characters count the same characters as the plugin does (without spaces).

I just wanted to say thanks! Your plugin has easy to use documentation and works flawlessly.

2 Likes

Yeah great job :+1:

Work nicely when using inputs with auto-binding too! Test below:

autobinding-test

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this is possible and how time intensive it would be to implement? But it would be awesome to grab the elements value in text format when linked to an elements input e.g. When ā€˜Countable Aā€™s valueā€™

Just shooting the idea out there :wink:

Cheers

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for this great tool.

How do you calculate the performance grade ?

https://reduble.gitbook.io/redubleplugins/thecountable-docs/speed-test

This plugin has been acquired by Zeroqode - for any support queries please mention @ZeroqodeSupport in your post

Thanks
Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Bubble Plugins

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

@levon It would be great if we could get access to ā€˜Countableā€™s valueā€™ as a possible future update? Cheers

whatā€™s the use of it? Why not referencing directly to the source input?

Purely speed really to reference the input data value, rather than using the input source itself.

For instance it could be used with regex to extract a password so its meets the password policy. When using the inputs value its very slow to register when say the password contains a number, where as using the countable plugin, it could be retrieved almost instantly.

didnā€™t understand why itā€™s faster

How can I make this plugin work for rich input fields?

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport, I have this item in a popup with a multiline input and a button to send a message.

I also have a button to cancel the draft and close the popup : with it, I reset the data of the popup and hide it. But if I reopen the popup, the multiline input is empty, but the countable display the old words number, even if the input is empty. I have to type new words to reset it.

Do you know this bug ?

Thank you for the response,

Charles

Hi @Charles itā€™s not a bug, the state remembers its last value. you could try configuring a workflow ā€œwhen popup openā€ with an action to ā€œreset data of popupā€, that might reset the inputs to their initial state (but the inputs should not have any initial content set in them by default)
I think you can make it with this workaround

Hi @levon, it is what I did and it reset the data of the multiline but the text displaying the number of countable words is keeping the same value. Can I give a special number to the value of Countable element ?

Thank you !

1 Like

weā€™d need to add a reset action but itā€™s not something we can do right now due to a big backlog of tasks, sorry about that

Ok thank you I imagine you have many tasks to do ! I will find another solution.

Have a good day !