Does Bubble support tooltips?

I found a couple of older threads where tooltips can me simulated, but they aren’t quite the same. They’re very manual in their creation and placement, as well as requiring a conditional being set for each of them.

I was wondering if something has been updated since then… I’m assuming that the forums here are built on Bubble, and I can see that all the icons, as well as other items here, have tooltips that pop up and position themselves relative to the cursor.

Does bubble fully support tooltips now?

4 Likes

The forums are Discourse, not Bubble. To the best of my knowledge, there isn’t a built-in implementation of a tooltip in Bubble.

That’s my understanding as well. So, they’re do-able, for sure, but still a bit manual.

Thanks for the replies guys.

@emmanuel do I need to create a new thread to request this be added to Bubble? A simple input added to the properties of each item that if it’s not blank, makes a tooltip appear would be great.

1 Like

We’ll put that on the wish list, but it’s probably not something we’ll do very soon.

I second this. For any web app, very useful and would avoid avoid numerous FocusGroup

2 Likes

Me too

Tooltips are everywhere (Chrome, Google Apps, this Discourse forum…) that some of my clients ask me why I don’t use them to clarify my buttons, links, etc. And FocusGroup are not handy for this. More a hacky thing in my opinion.

@emmanuel If you don’t add it soon, could you let us add some HTML to any elements so we could use them ? That would solve others issues at the same time (like defining CSS class on group elements for PDF printing with these groups on every page at the top)

1 Like

You can probably use some HTML elements for this. Having users type HTML isn’t in the spirit of Bubble.

We’re very focused on reliability and the plugin system currently, so we can look at adding elements but mostly on a sponsored basis.

How does Bubble do the tooltips on the home page when you are logged in and hover over the edit button of your app?

Each element, at least buttons and icons, have an option to add a tooltip. You have to write in what it says manually. It’s an option in the element’s inspector box that pops up. If you need a picture, I can send it to you later today when I get to my computer. :blush:

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

Bubble does it different on their new app home page when you’re logged in. They have a blue tooltips that gets shown when you hover over the edit app button, duplicate app button, etc. did they just use focus groups?

They may have added some CSS code to make colored tooltips and change the position.

Here are some options for you to do the same:

Plugin from Zeroqode - https://zeroqode.com/plugin/materialize-css-1543918432097x438239169916436500

CSS - https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_tooltip.asp

CSS Plugin - https://bubble.io/plugin/css-tools-1504424270272x619283445634039800

Or… Focus Groups, just a pain to set up individually.

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes
1 Like

They are groups (cant remember if it’s focus or not). On the old public editor (that still had the “home” page), I remember them being groups.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help!

No problem! Glad it helped! :blush:

1 Like