Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Dynamic coloured box

My users can upload a photo and some text. I want to put the text on top of the photo, which means I’ll need a coloured box (so the text is clear). I want them to be able to choose the box colour.

I noticed Bubble’s Dynamic colors feature, but not sure if it’s possible to dynamically change a box colour?

I’m not sure what you mean by a box? (a group? a text box? a shape?)

But in any case, dynamic colours can be applied to any element, so to answer your question, yes it is possible.

Sorry I should have specified, I meant a shape. Ideally I’d like a custom shape so that the photo has a slanted coloured area for a nice style.

See image below, although it’s hand drawn so please imagine with straight lines, the top line would angle down (slope down) and there would be text on top of the red shape.

red box

UPDATE: Applying the colour to a shape was pretty straight forward - Just need to work out how to create the slanted custom shape. If anyone knows, please let me know :slight_smile:

The Bubble shape element is only square/rectangular, so you won’t be able to add a slant with that (unless you try using some custom CSS).

You could try the free ‘Shapes’ plugin, which lets you add custom shapes, so you should be able to do it with that.

1 Like

Thanks Adam, that worked a treat, I will post a solution in a new thread with more searchable title so others can do it too.

Solution here -Custom shaped box [SOLUTION]

1 Like