Dynamically creating URLs with dynamic website content based on single template

Users can create projects on my Bubble app and they can also create multiuser iterations of the same projects, think of this as different versions. When the user creates the project for the first time and specifies a name and version number, a workflow should reserve the URL in a format similar to this: bubbledomain.com/projectname for a website dedicated to the project that will be created and populated with the information the user will load.

There are two challenges I’m facing with this:

1. I don’t know how to create dynamic URLs for projects in the above scenario. I know Bubble points URL to pages, and the website will be built on a page but there needs to be URLs that differentiate one project to the next with unique URLs. There’s an plugin which exists but not sure if it achieves what I want.

2. Assuming the first thing has been addressed, I need to now display all the content from various projects and their thing’s on this website. I’m thinking in my head this will be a Do search for... but the constraint will need to be that the project name is associated with the URL so when someone reaches that project’s URL they find the right information.

So all of this is quite dynamic, but starts with the URL blocker being rectified as that will determine how the second point is resolved.

Any ideas on how to tackle this would be welcome; I’m sure some of you may have had similar URL-related issues when trying to add a dynamic component to it.

This isn’t normally possible, but with some magic you can make it work.

I made an example how you can do this:
customurlslug | Bubble Editor

It’s on my 404 page, but the same rules can apply for any page ideally.

Here’s a full guide.

You can apply the same principal (do a search for) on the slugs of the projects.

This is the only way you can make your first slug dynamic like requested that I can think of at the moment without setting up domain forwarding.

Thanks I’ll look into this work around.

You can apply the same principal (do a search for) on the slugs of the projects.

Is this referring to number 2 of my post? I should probably read up on using slugs correctly…

Yes. Follow up on my video guide and I explain why you need to use slugs in your database. You don’t need to per say (you can use any data set), but it’s suggested for data sets as it’s already there and easier to query.