✏️ Editable Tables with Formulas / Online Spreadsheet

Hi @jeremy.shubert

Generally it happens when you have a problem with your data set (null values for example)

I thought so. I have a conditional (items:count>0) that should be blocking the work flow that clears the table and adds new columns. When I follow it step-by-step in the debug the conditional is correct and I never get errors. I get the errors in a live application though. Any ideas where else to check?

Do you have different data sets for test and live app? So probably you have some “null” values in your Live database?

yes, there are null values. I’ll just have to figure out a way to keep the workflow to render the table from running when there is no data

Any plan for a column or a format option on the numeric column for a percentage ?

Hi @jeremy.shubert ,
Sounds interesting! What are your exact requirements for the percentage format column?

On an input element there is a dropdown “Content Format” with “Percentage” as an option. This takes a numeric value and displays as a precentage, ex: 0.2 database value displays as 20%. Would be nice to have this as an option on numeric columns or have a separate column type.

1 Like

Any thoughts on this?

That’s a really nice suggestion about new column type. I’ll need to check how it could be implemented with the library this plugin uses internally.

That’s really hard to understand what’s happening without seeing your database and workflows. So for I can only give you a link with a demo app using Dropdown column:

Thanks, I’ve definitely looked at that example. Your choices for the dropdown are static. My choices are dynamic and coming from an Option Set. Notice in this image the first option set value is Square Feet.

Here’s a table with the dropdown column, all of these have values in the database but only the first option from my Option Set, Square Feet, is displayed.

If I move a different value, example Each, up to the top in the Option Set then only the rows with Each as the value will display in the Dropdown Column.

I am having exactly the same issue, but am pulling the values from the database itself. This is quite frustrating and very limiting.

How do I find the row in the bubble database that corresponds to the deleted row on the table. I would then like to delete the corresponding record in the bubble database as well

Hi @christo1 ,

You should be able to find the database record by its ID. Please make sure to provide the relevant IDs to the plugin:

Regarding the dropdown issue, I’ll try to check it ASAP! I’ve made a quick test and so far it works as expected…

Thank you, I have those in place. How do I find the rowID of a record that is deleted by pressing the delete key when the row on the table is selected though? I want to then delete the record in the database based on its Unique ID (which I what I put in the row ID). As a single cell isn’t selected, that data does not seem to be passed to the workflow actions or I am missing something.

1 Like

Hi @christo1 ,

If you are not using sorting / rows reordering, you can use the following states:

• row_deleted_from
  • row_deleted_count

Documentation

I’ll think about how it could be done easier in future.

I’ve been getting this error when trying to clear the table and populate new data:
The plugin Editable Table Pro / Excel like / action Clear all a Editable Table threw the following error: jexcel/obj.updateSelectionFromCoords@https://dd7tel2830j4w.cloudfront.net/f1620166158622x557830045438484350/jexcel.min.js:1:44645
jexcel/obj.refreshSelection@https://dd7tel2830j4w.cloudfront.net/f1620166158622x557830045438484350/jexcel.min.js:1:41738
jexcel/obj.updateTableReferences@https://dd7tel2830j4w.cloudfront.net/f1620166158622x557830045438484350/jexcel.min.js:1:69419 (please report this to the plugin author)

Another option for $ format would be nice as well.

Thank you

Is it possible to remove the row numbering on the table? It is taking up quite a bit of space for one of my use cases and is also not needed.

It would also be great to be able to edit the font and font size used in each table.

Could the table also be allowed to behave like a vertically scrolling repeating group?

You can apply any CSS styles to the table like to any other HTML element.
Here is a quick example how to hide the first column (rows numbering):

.jexcel_row {
	display:none !important;
}
.jexcel_selectall {
	display:none !important;
}

Hope it helps!