[New Feature] Excel-like table

Hello,

We’ve just added an Excel-like element! That will let you display list of things in a spreadsheet. Look for the plugin “Excel-like HandsonTable”.

It works very much like a repeating group. You pick a data type, then define the data source. The difference is that you need to select which columns you want to show/hide. And you’re all set.

At this stage, the table will only show “simple” fields (whose type isn’t another custom type), and the table is read-only. You can refer to the thing in the current row as the “Table’s current row’s thing”. You can then display it in a group, modify it, etc.

Edition (with automatic saving) will come later!

28 Likes

I’m curious what is the main use case you’ve built on this. May we know ?

ok. http://handsontable.com/examples.html, I get it. Nice for instance to quiclky setup an admin panel. All the sorting / filtering options are automatically enable. Pretty cool !

1 Like

Another well curated plugin added! It will expand Bubble a lot!
(please besides edition bring formula support and gantt chart :grinning:)

Man, it’s must be fun choosing all those nice apps out there while shaping Bubble improvements - of course that’s work, but have the opportunity to grow the platform must be very delightful.

5 Likes

It is!

3 Likes

Hi @emmanuel. This is a great feature!

Question: Is there a way to download the data that’s in the table? Or is this just for displaying?

I understand there’s the Download Data as CSV option, but I don’t want to include all the columns for a “thing”…

Thanks

Right now this is just for displaying, we’ll add more things over time, but we’ll probably work on auto save first, before download options.

5 Likes

Is it possible to do a search on the table like with a RG?

Yes, the way you define the list is similar to a RG

3 Likes

This looks nice. I think if the followings can be done, that would be more great.

• changing the order of columns to be displayed. - currently it seems we can only display columns with default order of columns ( maybe alphabetic order), but I would like to change this.

_ changing the style of the excel spreadsheet. _ white color does not match with the page which I am making and if the background color and line color canbe changed, that would be quite nice.

4 Likes

How do we change the order of the columns?

3 Likes

We don’t support this yet actually.

Do you think when is the prospected timing for updating this EXCEL function? (enable Input)

I am looking forward to implementing this, and if I could know the prospect, that would be nice.

2 Likes

It’s already live, if you check the checkbox ‘enable editing’

3 Likes

Oh, I did not know that. Will try. Thank you.

This is great and I will be using it often. The only addition I would like to see is to be able to set the default column widths – per column.

1 Like

Also, any way to allow the context menu? And sorting… And filtering

:grin:

3 Likes

Sorting/filtering is a bit tricky as it touches db stuff, but we’d like to go there, eventually.

2 Likes

Please add pivot as well.

Hi @emmanuel, do you have any news regarding this plugin?

Now is it possible to:

• Change the order of the columns?
  • Set the default column widths (per column)?
  • Add elements to database directly from the table?

(I have tried the plugin but not able to do this)

Thank you very much