Emojis in Database Table - Tip from Zeroqode

Hey Bubblers,
Ion - one of our team members - came up with an unexpected but smart and elegant idea for naming database types in Bubble. Check it out :slight_smile:

We implemented this in one of our upcoming templates (teaser - we are about to post a Thumbtack template)

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Zeroqode Blocks

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

11 Likes

Currently making a database entirely out of Emojiis :laughing:

5 Likes

ha, very cool :slight_smile:

Thanks @levon. This makes it easier for the eyes to find stuff as well.

You can use it on main groups to originze different views on pages made like one-page apps.
And you can use it to organize workflows, too.

This tip also comes in handy.

6 Likes

A raise for Ion!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Zeroqodeā€™s version is much better.

1 Like

Has anybody figured out how to encode these for use with the Bubble Data api?

Hace you tried unicode codes?

https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

Havenā€™t spent a lot of time trying, but yeah unicode and urlencode values didnā€™t work on my first pass. Really just curious at this point.

@danielowega didnā€™t see that post :slight_smile: thanks!

I use this method with workflows too. Especially useful with Custom Workflows. I mark all Custom Workflows in the color green, and have a collection of emojis that makes it easy to sort and and recognize workflows that exist in a lot of different reusable elements.

@hikaru was the one who brought the idea of using emojis in Bubble to my attention some time back. For Mac users, he also gave me a useful link to quickly search for emojis: GitHub - muan/mojibar: šŸŠ Emoji searcher but as a menubar app.

4 Likes

I find myself to often use this website for emojis.

https://emojipedia.org/

3 Likes

For those of you that donā€™t know. Hikaru = Beau = A lot of other accounts. He was multi-accounting to harass and bully other forum users and from time to time he shared emoji tips. He doesnā€™t deserse any additional credit.

@JonL

Really? I had no idea, and Iā€™m frankly surprised, as he helped me out with lots of design feedback and even ideas, with no strings attached (refused to be paid, even) on a project a few months back. Seemed like the nicest guy.

1 Like

Yeah. He helped a lot of people and then bullied in the shadows. Weird stuff.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah, that is pretty weirdā€¦

nice tip, Petter, thanks!

he reached out under ā€œbeauā€ account and seemed nice, really weird ā€¦

2 Likes

This is not true jon you should not slander without any evidence. He said you are upset because he ignored your message and you have had a grudge ever since.
Levon we showed our editor to your team thatā€™s where this idea was formed from.

which idea, emojis?