Event and Subevents HELP PLEASE

Hello,

I have this form for creating an Event but also have and a sub events for every event. Please see the attachment - just simple example

So what I couldn’t figure it out is how to be able to visualize the Sub Events before I actually press Create New Event and after that to visualize the Event and Sub Events for this event in repeating group.
I’m trying to work this out for more than a week, so if anybody is kind enough to help me I will be more than grateful.

It’s going to be pretty hard to help without seeing how your data is structured and without knowing what else you’ve tried. Could you share a link to the editor?

1 Like

That’s the problem, I can’t figure it out how to structure my data.

The point here is:
I have a several type of Events (EventType1, EventType2, EventType3) and for every type of event I have sub events.

The first thing is to be able to create EventType1 with sub events, EventType2 with sub events, EventType3 with sub events where for process of creating them before I press button “Create EventType1” is to be able to see what sub events I have typed (the only way I see right now is hide and show multiple little form for sub events).

After that is done I need to visualize them in repeating group sorted by schedule for the event or sub event. (The only way I know now for the database is:
Data Type - Event

Fileds for the Data Type (Event)

EventType1 Name - text
EventType1 Description - text
EventType1 Schedule - data
SubEvent1 for Event Type1 Name - text
SubEvent1 for Event Type1 Desciption- text
SubEvent1 for Event Type1 Schedule - date
SubEvent2 for Event Type1 Name - text
SubEvent2 for Event Type1 Desciption- text
SubEvent2 for Event Type1 Schedule - date
and so on for every Event Type )

I’m pretty sure that this is not the best option but I just don’t see another way and that’s the reason I’m asking for help.

I’d consider having two things: Event, and SubEvent.

Events would have a field called Type, that way you can show all the events in 1 repeating group if you want to. Events would also have a field called SubEvents, which is a list of SubEvents.

The problem you’re running into is that you are trying to create sub events for something that doesn’t exist yet. You might want to consider having a state for events that let them exist, but not be published yet. Think of a blog post: you can write it, you can create it, but that is separate from publishing it. The event needs to be created before you can add a subevent to it. Make sense?

1 Like

Yes,it makes sense.
This state thing is a little bit tricky for me I still can’t understand how work for something like this.
If you are willing to show me a small example in this example application?

I understand it may sound insolently but I really need to figure it out.
I need help only for “You might want to consider having a state for events that let them exist, but not be published yet”

Have a look now. There are some UX things I’d clean up, but the system is functioning as I described.

1 Like

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

You are the man, many thanks one more time, a really really appreciate it.