Extracting Location Information From Address

I noticed today that when extracting location information from an address (i.e. Street, State, Neighborhood, etc…) that the extracted City is sometimes represented incorrectly. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn’t. Curious if anyone else is having this issue or knows a fix for how to find the correct city.


Hey @jameshhenry

Thanks for the post and sorry for the trouble! Most of the :extract values come directly from Google. So it could be that there’s an error in the data set for a particular city? There could also be some sort of data mismatch between the text you’re passing in and what the city field is.

What might be best would be to submit a bug report so we can take a closer look at what specifically you’re seeing. When you do that, make sure to include as many details as possible and provide clear steps for how we can encounter the behavior you’re describing.

And of course, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions to us directly at [email protected]

I figured out the issue. I initially had the extract field set to geographic location. I changed that to Text and it works as expected.


Ah perfect! Data mismatch… Glad to hear you were able to work that out. We’re here to help if anything else comes up.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.