📍 Fastest Google Places Autocomplete - New Plugin from Zeroqode

@levon This plugin is fantastic. Can’t tell you how long I’ve been waiting for a plugin exactly like this. Worth every penny! Hoping it works effortless with Map Extender. Cheers mate.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Mike, appreciate the kind words! :slight_smile:

Hi @levon

I can’t seem to get any more than two inputs working. I have set them up as searchInput1, searchInput2, searchInput3 in the Input ID. The first two work great, but nothing on the third. Is two the limit that can be used? Thank you.

Hi Mike @mikescullion
we have pushed an update,
please upgrade the plugin version and retry
thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @levon I just bought the product so as to save the name of a Place, but when I type in my Input (classic input) for a place, nothing is showing.

Any ideas ? I put all the ID for MapInput and SearchInput like in you Editor, but doesn’t work. Where is the guide to configure it properly? Thank you !

Hi Charly,
did you do this?
For instructions how to set the ID attribute to a Bubble element please visit this https://forum.zeroqode.com/t/how-to-add-id-attribute-to-html-elements/469

Yes, I did it and my google key is good too

I see, can you please share screenshots of your settings as well as a link where we can see the behavior? Thanks

Hello @levon, do you have a setup guide somewhere so as to know if I filled everything good ? I was looking in your forum or your site but I didn’t find anything on the good steps and the required items. Is the map item important ?

Thank you for the steps, I clicked on “Tutorials” on the plugin page but it goes to the Lab…

Charles

Usually, simply by replicating our demo page setup is sufficient to make this kind of plugins work, we have guides and docs only for the more complex plugins at the moment, but we are working on that as well.

yes @levon it is what I thought I did. I even copy and paste the group with workflow, changing just the “plugin Testing” by the true one, but it didn’t work.

So this is what I did :

• copy and paste my API keys (it works because I already use maps API in the app and I saw the use in google Console and it works)
  • the ID were activated
  • create an Input field (ID : SearchInput)
  • create the Google Autocomplete Item (ID : MapInput)
  • create a text with content from GoogleAutocomplete’s value (Full adress, name, etc.)

But the suggestion box doesn’t appear.

It is clearer ?

Thank you for your help

HI @levon I upgraded to 1.7.0 and the plugin completely stopped working, reverted to 1.6.0 for now. If you’d like more info from me feel free to DM or ask here.

when you add the Google Autocomplete element on the page, you don’t need to assign an ID for the element itself. You need to simply indicate the ID of the input (in you case its “Searchinput”) in the Input ID field (see screenshot below).

Hello @levon, I just recopied your Editor will all the parameter but I didn’t saw the need for naming the Google Autocomplete too…

So I removed it and it didn’t work too !

I also saw HTML code with [left][/left] but I don’t know where is the HTML Element ?

Did I miss something in my steps ?

thank you

we can’t help much without this

I can not share it because I bought it for a project so I can not share this quickly now but for the screenshot, nothing more than the process I did on a new blank page.

• Does it works for you with a blank page ?
  • Does it works with the last version of the plugin and not the “(Testing)” version I can see on your editor (maybe some parameters are differents?)
  • Do you have any why the list (like a GroupFocus, “Powered by Google”) is not visible when I type in my Input?

I can take screenshots but I didn’t do more than the steps I explained early, so very very basic.

Thank you for all the explanations

Charles

Hi Charles,
if it works in the demo page it should work in the app too. It’s the same version.
If you can’t share screenshots we’d need access to your app to support@zerqode.com and plugins@zeroqode.com
thanks

Ok then 3 screenshots :

And my API key setup in the both places (my Options for the app and the option for the plugin). I am running on my own domain.

Thank you for your help

Hi @levon

I upgraded to the new version, but it has stopped working now. None of the inputs are working. The earlier version working fine though.

Hello @jonathan.timianko @mikescullion we’ll investigate the latest version, and offer an update on the matter asap, please use previous working version.
Thanks for understanding.

Hi @charly
Regarding autocomplete trouble you’re having, seems like it the plugin indeed requires a map element on page to work. However we’ll look into this and try improve this feature.
As a workaround I could recommend you place a map element on page and set it’s Width and Height to 1x1 pixels, so it is almost invisible, sent it back behind other elements and use it this way as a temporary solution.
Something like this: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=fast_places_autocomplete&id=zeroqode-demo-13&tab=tabs-1
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.