FEATURE IDEA: Allow horizontal padding on the Bubble dropdown input

It’s annoying to have a nice looking form with everything nicely aligned - except for the bubble dropdown whose default placeholder value cannot get horizontal padding applied.

Is it possible to allow the dropdown input element to accept both horizontal and vertical padding?

4 Likes

Yep I second this, funny enough was planning to post something just like this, I’m sure its been requested before. But back on topic, its mainly setting the values for the horizontal padding within a dropdown that would be super handy indeed.

The workaround is to expose the id’s of the elements and then set value of ID for the dropdown and then add custom CSS. It works fine, but being able to specify this in the style of dropdowns would be so much easier and user friendly.

Luke.

Solution: Set #ID for the element name it ‘dropdown’ and put in your HTML header on the page:

#dropdown { padding-left: 10px; }
3 Likes

I actually use good old fashioned spaces to achieve this :relaxed:

Like this:

Option 1
  Option 2

Rather than this:

Option1
Option 2

I’ve noticed this style oversite on a number of components. Some you can input color by hex, others you have to pick, in this case, some inputs you can choose the horizontal padding, others no.

Why is the style system not consistent?

1 Like

Hey,

I’ve been trying this and it doesn’t seem to be working. I have the dropdown ID Attribute set to “dropdown” and the Page HTML Header set to #dropdown { padding-left: 10px; }

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

• Anthony

Sometimes it doesn’t work. Make sure you place it inside style brackets like any other CSS document. Else, put a html element on the page.

1 Like

Thanks!

Make your own mate, that’s what I do :metal:

3 Likes

Looks beautiful. Was that with CSS?