Free Plugin - OAuth login (SSO) with 7 identity providers

Hey @Christophe_HK

Instagram is not yet covered but we could definitely add support for it (it shouldnt take us too long to add this).

If I understand the profile picture question correctly, once the user logs in, you will have access to the profile picture for use in your app.

It however, makes sense for you to retrieve the information and store it against the users database in your Bubble app. That way, you wouldnt have to work with the SSOProfile as your login workflow should align with the current user and then the rest of your app should only interact with the currently user.

Ron

2 Likes

Many thanks @Pathfix / Ron for your feedback, appreciated.

Most of my app users come from Instagram - and interact with Instagram. So adding support for Instagram would be awesome :pray:t2::+1:t2:

Sounds great @Christophe_HK we will look into adding Instagram as an additional provider to the SSO plugin.

Iā€™ll keep you posted on our progress

2 Likes

@Pathfix Have you seen the Open ID Connect specification for SSO profiles ?

@NigelG yes, open ID sits on top of OAuth :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking to offer a dual login method for existing users. The issue is that if my existing users see ā€˜Sign In With Googleā€™ on the login page they will naturally click that first if they have a gmail account. I wanted to know if pathfix has a solution to handle the use case for a non-SSO existing user clicking on the SSO sign in? (i.e. associating SSO to an existing Bubble account on login)

Hey @messly the only way a user can sign in is using the ā€˜Current userā€™ in Bubble. If the user has already been created, then creating a secondary user with the ID instead of the email might do it for you but all of the other mappings would be a bit of a nightmare.

However, you could add a column to check whether the user has previously logged in using SSO or id/pw and show the user a message accordingly.

Ok I see. So would it be possible to create a conditional logic where if a user who hasnā€™t previously created their account with SSO tries to login with SSO, I can prompt them to login normally without creating them a new account?

Yes, this is possible. It would be a simple workflow that I wouldā€™ve suggested as well :slight_smile:

Hi @Pathfix, Im new to the world of OAuth. I remember manually managing social logins on bubble 2 years ago and it took me a few days to get it working, so the work you are doing is amazing.

Can you share, what your difference is with something like Auth0 SSO?

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind words @LWeiLi :heart:

Pathfix focuses on more than just Identity. We are an integration platform that simplifies all aspects of integration - Authentication, Authorization, APIs and pretty soon, Automations (the 4 Aā€™s of Integration).

More importantly, we donā€™t store ANY data (user or any other). We fetch the data and send it directly to your database. We believe its a more secure way and users never have to worry about their data sitting somewhere else.

1 Like

I see, that make sense now looking at your app. Thanks for clarifying.

I really want to go ahead with this, Iā€™ve even subscribed already. However, I canā€™t find a way to manage dual logins, ie, letting exisiting non OAuth users add additional external OAuth providers.

This is natively supported by Bubbleā€™s Social Login: Authenticating Users - Bubble Docs

Would you say that dual/multi logins will not be a use case for this SSO Plugin?

Hey @LWeiLi hereā€™s our earlier response on dual login and how you can handle this:

What we also recommend is setting up a small workflow to check if the user already exists and show them a message to signup using id/pw instead

Can anyone help me with some unusual behaviour Iā€™ve seen related to this plugin?

For the following scenarioā€¦

1. User 1 logs in to app via SSO (google)
  2. User 1 logs out of app (I have included the SSO log out action in the workflow)
  3. on the same device/browser, user 2 logs in via email/password.

The user within the app defaults back to user 1. E.g. if user 2 goes to their account page it shows user 1 details.

Does the SSO profile get cached within the browser in some way?

Hey @gavin1 it looks like a configuration error. Could you log in to your Pathfix account and reach out via live chat? We can go through the configuration together

Hi

Looks great and works well (except when pathfix is down) - I am a bit concerned about hard coding the same bubble password for all users in the system - is that a potential back door to every account if it gets found?

thanks

Iā€™ve wondered about this too. Do any bubblers have a good strategy for this?

Hey @andrew.waites @jared.gibb

The password works in combination with the oauth process. Only on successful oauth verification will the password be called and the user will be logged in.

One wonā€™t work without the other :slight_smile:

Additionally, you can add a custom field with the provider name and run a check to make sure the provider name matches before logging the user in.

Update Custom Field

Check Custom Field Before Logging in User

3 Likes

That makes sense! Thank you

1 Like

Okay I had this all working then everything started to go wonky on me. Now when I try to log in the SSOUI screen is blank - sometimes (rarely) it works again. Now this started happening before I moved over to my own domain name so it isnā€™t entirely that but perhaps that is not helping.

I have not yet done anything on pathfix itself but the guides say I need to register on each SSO provider and redirect back to pathfix ā€¦ with a pathfix account (okay but want this to work).

Looking at the page that entire div is empty - nothing is being returned.

Have seen similar behaviour on pathfix site itself over past week or so. Classic is it me or is it you or is it us?