[Free Plugin] Wonderful Image Slider - UPDATE

Hello, @kamil.tarczynski

Most likely there is a problem with the data. Make sure that all elements of the list you have defined as an image list have an image.

If your problem is not resolved, please contact again.

Best

Hello @Efe,

Your second plugin and every other plugins in this type works perfectly with same data.

Hello @kamil.tarczynski

There is no problem with the plugin, it works fine on the preview page.

Could you please create a new page and try to run the plugin with the same data?

Hi @eren
I really love this plugin and using it on several screens. Thank you very much for providing it!

what I want to implement is that

1. We have the portfolio section, which is the repeating group with images.
  2. if they tap the image, we will show the big one as popup and that will be the slider, so users can swipe to see the next image of the repeating group.
  3. When we tap the image of the repeating group, can we set the Activeindex as “Current cell’s index”, so when they tap any image, we will show that image on the slider.

You can check the video and the below link’s portfolio section.

thank you in advance!

Hello @yukiar34

We are glad you liked it.

I guess you want a feature like this. To do this, you have to use the Wonderful Video & Image Slider.

Best,
Eren

Hi @eren
Exactly, will purchase it then! thank you!

Hi @eren

I purchased Wonderful Video & Image Slider.
but it didn’t work…

Can you check this portfolio section and let me know what is wrong?..

Thank you,

That way I can’t understand it but if you are using this plugin with RGs please check out this post, if you have done these and it didn’t work please set the app editor for everyone to see and send the link as a PM. Let me have a look.

Best,

how we can add alt on image passed? it is affecting SEO

Great question. I always thought that this wasn’t built into the plugin but looking at the configuration, it seems that it is specified, but doesn’t seem to be appearing in the editor?

@eren any ideas?

Hello,

Yes, this feature was added a long time ago, a bug occurred when we added this feature.

When we created a field, the plugin editor was creating a field by itself. After the Bubble team fixed this bug, we skipped sending the new version :see_no_evil:

Please switch to the new version. :innocent:

Thanks @eren, can confirm it’s pulling through.

1 Like

I just downloaded this and it doesn’t seem to work with dynamic images…
In my app, when I click on an item, I have a workflow that triggers a popup. When the popup loads, it contains various information about the item that was clicked on, including images. I can get it to work with a standard repeating group, but with this plugin, the images get stuck on whatever list of images are loaded the first time I open a popup… I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if this just simply can’t re-load a new/dynamic set of images based on the parent group…

Note that I am not using inside a repeating group and I’m “Removing all slides” and then trying to “Add a list” before revealing the popup

Update: Through testing, I’ve discovered this is more of an order of operations issue… For some reason, no matter what I do, I can’t get the “Add a list” to work on the first time a group is clicked, but it works ever time after that…

Hello!

If I understood correctly, you are using the plugin inside a popup. In this case, the plugin initializes for the first time when the popup is opened. So, the data you define in the “Data List” property of the plugin is queried when the popup is opened.

The “Remove” and “Add a list” actions you set up in the workflow will probably work before this data is loaded yet. In this case, since the loading of the data will take place after these actions, these actions seem not to work when the popup is opened for the first time.

To avoid this, you can set the “Add a pause before next action” action after the “Show Popup” action. Thus, the data defined in the plugin is processed first. Then the “Remove” and “Add a list” actions work.

:pushpin: You only need the “add a pause before an action” action when the popup is open for the first time.

If this explanation did not solve your problem, please do not hesitate to reach out again.

Best!

1 Like

This worked. I set the ms for the pause to 750 and it seems like just enough time for the popup to fully load before loading in the image list - but like 1/100 times it doesn’t load fast enough so I added a “broken image” for the default image so the user will hopefully realize they just need to refresh. Appreciate the help thanks…

1 Like

You’re welcome! Glad it worked for you. :v:

Best!

Hey, this plugin is amazing. I have one small problem…When the data changes dynamically, I can clearly see it resets to the first slide…but it doesnt actually refresh the images to the new ones without a whole page refresh.
Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, @Tristan7577!

When the new data is created on the same page with the Wonderful Image Slider, you can easily show the new image on the slider using the “Add a list” action.

When the new data is created on the different page with the Wonderful Image Slider, you need to a workaround to show a new image in the slider.

I made an example for this case. In this example I worked with a custom state and a repeating group which have the same data source with Wonderful Image Slider.

The custom state holds the number of items in Wonderful Image Slider’s data source when the page is loaded. When a new data is created from another page, the item number of the Repeating Group increases. If the item number of RG is more than this custom state, an event triggered, and the created data is added to the Wonderful Image Slider with the “Add a list” action.

Please take a look at the example:
Preview
Editor

If this example doesn’t solve your problem, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Best!

Hi Efe,
Thanks for your reply, yes this is a case of changing the data on one page (admin dashboard) and trying to get it to refresh on another page (user side).

I understand the part about triggering the event to ‘add a list’, or even ‘remove list’ with the custom states…the problem is that even after performing that event the images themselves don’t seem refresh to the new ones without a whole page refresh. I can see in real time the event triggering…the slides resetting to the first item…but the slides I inserted/ removed in the data doesn’t change whats showing up in the slider. In other words, it appears as though the data source for the slider is updating fine but the slider itself is not.

To clarify:
My datasource on the slider is eg ‘Do a search for: slider images’…, I have a event (add list: Do a search for: slider images’) that triggers correctly when the custom state (count) doesn’t match the search in an RG for same list: Do a search for: slider images: count…but the slider element still displays the old images…

It’s like its caching the images to display and not checking if it needs to refresh idk…

Hope that’s clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Tristan7577!

I sent a private message. So that we can communicate more clearly.
Please take a look.

Best