[HELP] Bubble MySQL DB Connector issue

Hey,
So I’ve been messing around with the DB Connector plugin and trying to get my bubble app connected to my external MySQL database, but I’ve been facing some issues.

Firstly, I don’t seem to be able to use Parameters…

When I set it up as above and hit “Initialize this query” it pops up with this error:
I’ve spent a good part of the last hour trying to figure out why this is happening, but I just don’t understand it… :confused:

The other thing that I’m confused by is when I disregard these altogether and just try to SELECT everything…

Everything seems to work, then I go to use it somewhere and it simply doesn’t show up as an option in normal text modules… And when I put a text module in a Repeating Group and set the group’s Type of Content to this call and then set the text to:
Which, in theory, should be in the Text format. It just ends up being empty…
And when I go into the debugger it tells me that the Firstname is “(empty)”…
When the “characters” database is not empty and should have a few firstnames to pick from…

Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated. At this point it’s driving me half way to insanity :joy:

Bump,
Still haven’t found a solution for this yet… :pensive:

Well, R.I.P.
'Tis a shame, I was hoping somebody would know something I don’t :confused:

1 Like

From here it seems that you need to use ? in the SQL query for the placeholder

First off, thanks for your response :smiley:

I’m not sure what you’re calling “the placeholder” in this context or how it’s relevant to my issue though. :confused:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.