HELP to Disable Button Until Files are Finished Uploading

I’m using Bubble’s Multi-File Uploader Dropzone Plugin on a pop-up form… Trying to disable the save button at the bottom of a form until all files the user selects have been successfully uploaded into the uploader.

Assuming this should be done using a custom state. THE PROBLEM IS I can’t figure out how to set the state when the files start uploading and then change the state again once they have finished uploading … Any ideas? Thank You!

You can do it without custom state as well.
You can use the uploaded percentage for this. Button is clickable only when uploaded file is 100% loaded.

Thanks for your response! Any idea how to do that? I’m not finding any option which returns a upload percentage value?

Haven’t used this but I’m assuming when grabbing your Multiuploader’s element in a conditional something like that would appear?

Yeah, thats what I am also assuming

The only available condition for the Multi-file Uploader seems to be Value. There’s no condition showing percentage. Value doesn’t appear to offer anything for this either as this is just the data, and not really a status.

This is a good plugin on a budget but it leaves a LOT out that it needs. Not being able to prevent users from clicking their upload button is important…so is the missing CANCEL option. There’s a cancel action in workflows for the regular Fileuploader just not the Multi-file uploader.

Also, when using this in a popup and the file list exceeds the size of the element, the popup will grow to show what should be the entire list BUT the element size DOESN’T change. You’ll end up with a huge blank popup with the element and any buttons at the bottom off the screen.

Finally, if a user decides not to upload a list, how are we supposed to clear the list? Leaving us with the only option to cancel each file IN the list one-by-one is not a good look. Also, cancelling each file on a long list that changed the popup size doesn’t fix the popup. If you open the popup again, it’s size is now the size it was before…long and stretched out.

1 Like

Thank you Chris!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.