Help with conditional formatting

I have a management page which has a list of events for the person who owns/manages said events. The list displays certain attributes such as date and style. I have a popup that notifies the owner, when the page loads, if dates and/or styles are missing from the events, and from this page the dates and styles can be added and/or modified.

I created a workflow such that when the page loads, the popup is opened if any of the dates or styles are empty. Here is the workflow that it seems should work:

However, it shows the popup all the time, even when all the relevant fields are filled in. In an effort to troubleshoot this, I created a field which simply shows all the dates and style names, and I can see that there is data that is populated. So when I make it list all the actual fields, here is what I get:

Formula:

Output:

But, if I change this troubleshooting field, to look for empty cells (by counting items on the list with empty dates and styles) here is what I get (please note there are 5 tasting events in this sample:

Formula:
Output:

So why is it counting all these fields as empty when they clearly aren’t? Is there a better way for me to conditionally format this popup?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Generally speaking, I recommend having your conditionals be as simple as possible. While it causes some redundancy, you should build the workflow twice, based on simplified conditionals (ie. one for the draft_date, one for the empty:counts). Otherwise it can make debugging a pain.

What I would recommend doing is to insert a filter on both of the tasting_events list, where the filter looks for if the list date is empty and then follow that with the count action. Right now (based on what I see), it is doing the counts based on the total list, not based on the dates.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.