Help with filters

Hi everyone!
I have a question regarding a filter logic. I’m a bit lost with this.

In image 1, it’s possible to see that there are two events (one free and another with a ticket).

When I click on the dropdown of both, they work perfectly.

But when I select the days of the week, for example, by clicking on Friday, it still shows me the FREE option in the other dropdown.

I would like the image of the event to disappear. Can anyone help me? Please. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi there, @woodmutranmkt… as you may or may not know, you can extract the day from a date using the :extract operator, and you will get a number from 0 to 6, with 0 being Sunday, 1 being Monday, 2 being Tuesday, and so on.

If filtering events by the day of the week on which they occur is going to be important in your app, I would probably suggest that you have a field on the Event data type where you store the extracted day of the date on which the event occurs. If you don’t store the day in its own field, you will have to use an advanced filter to filter by the day of the week, and those filters can be both costly and slower because the filtering takes place on the client (browser) side.

I don’t know how you are showing the days of the week in the dropdown, but I would use an option set, and I would add an attribute (number) to the set in which you define the number associated with each day of the week.

With the setup I have explained in place, you will simply need to add another constraint to the repeating group’s data source where the field in which you are storing the day of the week on which the event occurs equals the selected day’s attribute (which, again, is the number you defined for each option in the option set).

Anyway, I hope what I have written makes sense, but if I have missed the mark, share more details (screenshots) about your setup and the desired outcome, and I’m sure someone can help you get down a better path than the one I described.

Best…
Mike

1 Like