Help with Getting data from url & a dropdown on new page

Hello all you Bubble experts. Rookie here… and cannot figure out how to do this!
I’m trying to “get data from URL” after a selection was made on my homepage (the “Where are you going?” dropdown in 1st pic below). This selection, which is passed through to the URL, would then change the dropdown on a new page.
The dropdown on second page 2nd pic below) could then “automatically” equal or be pre-filled with whatever the user had selected on the home page.
Images are below – first is the dropdown on home page, and the second has the dropdown that I would like to have automatically “pre-filled” when the user lands on that page.
Any help would be really appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.22.43 PM

1 Like

Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me with this?
I still can’t figure it out.
Thanks for any guidance!

Hi @alexb,

You’ll want to send the data as a page parameter. Is the dropdown on your homepage a specific data type? If so, you’ll want to pass that unique ID. Then on page load for your other page, you’d add a workflow to grab that data type as the default content for the dropdown. We have a tutorial for this at nocodify.com if you’re interested.

Tal

Thanks for giving a response to this, Tal.
The dropdown on the homepage has “static” city choices (see in the “Index City Dropdown” setup - first image below). These are the 3 cities in the “City” field for my “Events” database. The 2nd image below shows how this database is structured.
You can see (3rd and 4th images) an example of how the “Berlin” dropdown selection / parameter is being sent through in the URL when search is clicked.
However, the next page (5th image) is not “grabbing” that URL parameter type as the default dropdown content. This is where I need help in setting it up!

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.40.03 PM
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.40.28 PM
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.40.42 PM

Also - I signed up on nocodify.com and tried to watch the page parameter video, but it came up blank. Here’s what I see:

Seems like you’re not sending the parameter correctly. There should be a parameter value in the URL. Can you share a screenshot of your workflow for sending the value?

Really appreciate the help on this! I finally fixed it. The issue was that the parameters being sent over in the the URL were not written EXACTLY the same as what I had in the dropdown on the “receiving page”. There was one edit that I needed to make, so that they all matched up.
For others who might have a similar problem, here are the screens for how I’m sending & receiving the URL parameter.
The first image shows the workflow how I am sending the parameter over from a dropdown selection on my homepage.
The second shows how I configured the dropdown on the receiving / linked page, to be able to “pre-populate” this new dropdown w/ the value selected on the homepage’s dropdown:

2 Likes