Hiccup effect: Text collapses in animated group

Hi all,

It has been a while I asked your help. Do you know a way a text’s height will not be collapsed?
I have some text which slides in and out with animation. The animation actually is on the group, and the group has “collapse when hidden” turned off, but it appears the text element in that group still collapses when the group is hidden, with a shift in the page as a result (see gif). This shock is visible while you continue scrolling. I love the animated text and hope you have a suggestion on how to prevent this ‘hickup’. Thanks!
ezgif.com-gif-maker (15)

PS: in this GIF the Hiccup appears not to happen every time the group is hidden, but it does, the frame rate probably cuts out a few of the Hiccups.

Nice interface.

The hiccup happened anytime the text went from 1 line to 2 lines or vice-versa. Could it be something to do with the layout of your text element? If my hunch is correct, the fix would be to make the text element as tall as the longest text sequence.

So, if the longest text sequence is 3 lines, make the text element as tall as that, check the box for cut off content if the element is not tall enough.

CleanShot 2021-07-31 at 22.34.27@2x

Yesssss! That was it, thanks for the help… and thanks for the compliment, much appreciated :slight_smile: