How can i make the table design tto look like i want?

hello.
how can i make a repeating group show like a table?
I tried to use repeating group settings to select columns, but it shows the same value in each column

i want the table from the right to look the same was as the table from the left.
Thank you

Use a thin “shape” (1 pixel) to draw a vertical line in the first cell, it will be repeated in all others, giving an illusion thats a cell border

1 Like

Wow I didn’t know that if you drew a line inside a repeating group it would replicate itself. Thanks for that knowledge!

Does this also mean that everything I draw inside a repeating group will always repeat itself?

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Yes, everything in the repeating group will be repeated. It’s a concept that I didn’t understand at all when I started. But look at any website that shows “blocks” of data that are the same and you’ll see repeating groups everywhere. Facebook has them everywhere.

http://oeuvre.gallery/discover/1462172280019x745969862211495700 for example, uses Google’s Material Design to create cards.

1 Like

MD looking very good there.

Sort of … every element will repeat. But each element can have conditions, and each “box” will take on those conditions from the data.

So you can have a repeating group with different icons depending on data. Or you could have an entirely different layout by showing or hiding groups.

2 Likes

Ooh… I never thought of that @NigelG. Now… I wonder what use cases I can think of???

Thanks @NigelG. No comment on the quality of the ART, though!

Ah so in programming terms its like a loop where n is equal to the size of the repeating group!

All a bit above the likes of me guv’nor :slight_smile:

1 Like