Repeating group formatted as a table?

Has there been any thought of creating a feature where a repeating group could be automatically made to look like a table (i.e. with a header row, and columns)? I keep finding myself creating this sort of thing manually over and over again…but I end up spending lots of time tweaking the dividers and the headers by 1 pixel at a time, and also tweaking the responsiveness, to get everything to adjust smoothly for different screen sizes.

It just seems like a no-brainer to have this feature built-in, so everything automatically moves together. Might as well build filtering and sorting in to it (as an option) too.

8 Likes

Second this. The filtering and sorting is what kills me when developing… I got envious recently when my co-workers showed me JQuery Datatables… It does a lot of that for you right out of the box. Considering tables are integral to most applications, this would be awesome. Maybe someone will develop a plugin (or hopefully it already exists!).

1 Like

Good idea.

I know this is an old thread, but I second this concept and was wondering if anyone has come up with a good way of dealing with this issue.

It’s something I find myself spending a lot of time on repeatedly.

I definitely second this, recreating the table with sorting and filtering is sooo time consuming. Hopefully someone has made or busy with a plugin that might make this quicker?

Hi

I’m also creating a table at the moment using a repeating group (first time!).

What is the easiest way to allow the user to sort and filter that table?

Many thanks in advance!

anyone have any suggestions for this?

I’m having the same issue. My app requires several major tables. When I build a header row outside the table, things become seriously misaligned. This:

Turns into this:

What the heck is going on here? What do I do to fix this?